Who's doing what this winter - TrainerRoad, Zwift, Sufferfest, Xert etc?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

snappygear

by snappygear

jlok wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 am
Here is a post about the Xert user's reflection/review on why they're still on the platform.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/XertUse ... 300697137/
Bizarrely enough I am just comng back to WW as I am looking to build something this summer. The link above was a question posed by me.
The workouts are ok and good when wanting to 'chuck' a workout on and go.

I continue to use Xert as I like the data and so far I can see progression so will continue as is.

One thing I've not verifed yet is if the 'predictuve' tool on your improvement is accurate or not.

Rob

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

snappygear wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:30 pm
jlok wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:35 am
Here is a post about the Xert user's reflection/review on why they're still on the platform.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/XertUse ... 300697137/
Bizarrely enough I am just comng back to WW as I am looking to build something this summer. The link above was a question posed by me.
The workouts are ok and good when wanting to 'chuck' a workout on and go.

I continue to use Xert as I like the data and so far I can see progression so will continue as is.

One thing I've not verifed yet is if the 'predictuve' tool on your improvement is accurate or not.

Rob
Give it a go for 6 weeks and see. I'm not disciplined at all to stick with any plan that long though :beerchug:
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

bilwit

by bilwit

I just started Zwift and am quite pleased to find that, at least initially, I'm definitely more engaged doing Z2 rides on there rather than Trainer Road, where I just can't find it in me to do Z2 longer than 30min max. I have ported over the handful of TR workouts that I know work for me and so far I'm enjoying it. I found the UX to be shockingly poor at first (for a multi-million dollar franchise) and getting it to run on my work laptop was a little tricky (Linux) but it seems to be worthwhile so far.

I still plan on keeping the TR subscription because the metrics and calendar are convenient and quite excellent.

Ringo

by Ringo

Through covid I started zwift, followed a training program and l lost 8kg and my ftp is higher.
It really works, but it’s price is salty
XXTi
C60

treksloth

by treksloth

Used fulgaz for the first time today. Pretty cool, I like how it changes trainer resistance to simulate up and downhill. They have 14 day trial so I'll keep using it for now, subscribtion verdict is still out though

RyanH

by RyanH

Is it normal for riders in an event to be visible to leisure riders in the same world? I headed over to the Epic KOM and the Tour for All Pros came up on me so I rode with them a bit even though they weren't aware.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

There *probably* is an option to make event participants invisible to everyone else, but it's not something available to random organizers and I guess it's not even something they use for marquee races.

robertbb

by robertbb

This is actually a pretty cool opportunity for fan engagement!

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

robertbb wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:08 am
There's pros on Zwift right now at all times of day, and also many official social/relaxed group rides with plenty of engagement. In the middle of a race where they can't see you or your chat is probably not that engaging...especially if the fans aren't as strong as RyanH, lol.

bilwit

by bilwit

RyanH wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:51 pm
Is it normal for riders in an event to be visible to leisure riders in the same world? I headed over to the Epic KOM and the Tour for All Pros came up on me so I rode with them a bit even though they weren't aware.
I believe it's always been like this. They just rolled out this feature for meet-ups to be available for everyone else to use earlier this week (make riders outside of the meet-up invisible).

RyanH

by RyanH

TobinHatesYou wrote:
robertbb wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:08 am
There's pros on Zwift right now at all times of day, and also many official social/relaxed group rides with plenty of engagement. In the middle of a race where they can't see you or your chat is probably not that engaging...especially if the fans aren't as strong as RyanH, lol.
I wish. Trying to get my form back. Slow AF right now and the B races are pretty challenging. I was planning on doing a 20 min effort when they came up on me on the bridge so I abandoned that idea and rode with them until I blew up at the village. Worth it though, that was a highlight of my day in a weird way.

madik

by madik

I have been riding Sufferfest and Zwift this winter/Covid season. However I would like to continue to ride inside for the high intensity sessions during the year. I like Sufferfest trainings structured plans with combination of Yoga and Strenght trainings but I can't decide on any of their traning plans atm. The problem is that i want to be riding inside only on work days and on the weekends just ride outside with friends. And there is just no traning plan for this. Are there some other training plans outside sufferfest maybe? Which would utilise their videos and 4DP training?

The training week could look like this for example:
Monday (rest day) - Yoga
Tuesday - HIIT indoor cycling, strength, yoga
Wednesday - Recovery/Tempo indoor cycling, yoga
Thursday - HIIT indoor cycling, strength
Friday (rest day)
Saturday and Sunday - nothing on the plan, my riding outside to kick friends asses.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

otoman

by otoman

I have that same schedule. I use a TrainerRoad plan which allows for inside weekday and outside weekend (for example). I use the workout in TR or use the "style of the workout in Sufferfest. If I'm on TR I'll often use Zwift on an AppleTV for the entertainment while my intervals are being done by TR on an iPad. Yes I subscribe to all three. Cheaper than booze or a mistress 😂
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

mcfarton

by mcfarton

otoman wrote:I have that same schedule. I use a TrainerRoad plan which allows for inside weekday and outside weekend (for example). I use the workout in TR or use the "style of the workout in Sufferfest. If I'm on TR I'll often use Zwift on an AppleTV for the entertainment while my intervals are being done by TR on an iPad. Yes I subscribe to all three. Cheaper than booze or a mistress Image
YOLO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matioli

by matioli

I am back to the road here in Oslo.
Colnago C59

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com