Who's doing what this winter - TrainerRoad, Zwift, Sufferfest, Xert etc?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

JeffK

by JeffK

The past 3 years I have used TR, working from Mid Volume to High Volume this last year. While I like TR, I have been playing with Xert recently and really like the advanced analytics and MPA theory. I think I will try Xert this season and see how it works.
-------
2021 Factor Ostro VAM
2021 Factor LS
2018 Trek Speed Concept

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BooneDog

by BooneDog

I’m just getting started with the smart trainers and online training apps , after many years of old school trainers and rollers. I’ve tried Zwift, but get bored with it Much prefer The Sufferfest and its balance of training, entertainment and education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glepore

by glepore

My take on xert after a full season-MPA is great if you have it real time. Using their platform for training was meh. The analytics? Ok, but not worth paying for over GC unless you find gc overwhelming. For some folks, the "gas gauge" train/recovery thingie on xert is awesome, but for me, I'd rather just use PMC. And its free.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I am on Zwift, but I use it just as prop that would make me stay on the trainer for an hour. In any case, I lack proper equipment to utilize it properly (the cheepest Tacx trainer)

robertbb

by robertbb

glepore wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:47 am
My take on xert after a full season-MPA is great if you have it real time. Using their platform for training was meh. The analytics? Ok, but not worth paying for over GC unless you find gc overwhelming. For some folks, the "gas gauge" train/recovery thingie on xert is awesome, but for me, I'd rather just use PMC. And its free.
Completely agree.

bw987

by bw987

Doing a Sufferfest plan after completing the 4DP test with a Smart trainer (Wahoo Core). I enjoy the videos and music. Have not tried others.

LouisN

by LouisN

xDOMx wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:59 pm
Zwift with some customised structured workouts, races, and group rides thrown in for good measure.
Same here. On Insideride E-Motion rollers ( without the smart option :( ) with a PM. laptop plugged on a big screen Tv.

Louis :)

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

Zwift whilst under the control of TrainerRoad and the occasional Zwift race.
For me Zwift cant match TrainerRoad for their scale of workouts and plans at the moment. I’m sure that might change in the future.

I upgraded the pain Cave this year to a
40inch TV
AppleTV 4K
NPE cable https://npe-inc.com/cableinfo/ this is a great device as it converts the ant+ signals to BLE which connects to the Apple TV leaving the BLE output from the trainer to connect to TrainerRoad.

Setup works really well.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I found the NPE CABLE to be fine for workouts, but not great for competing in Zwift. It introduces noticeable latency and also gets "stuck" on wattages if you spin up really fast and coast.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I am new to Zwift, used it in trial mode and decided to pay for a month, but I still get just the London routes. Is this an issue?

mattr

by mattr

Nah, they rotate on a cycle. There is a calendar/schedule somewhere.

Jugi

by Jugi

Easiest to find map schedule can be found at the app's start page, below upcoming events.

MountainAddict

by MountainAddict

A better option is to download Zwift Preferences onto your computer and ride where you want, when you want.

More detail: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZ7h4xmwW8

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Just my opinion, but using the "world hack" means solo workouts and free riding in Zwift...and that's mind-numbingly boring. Use the event module to find group rides and races that are suited to your needs. Some of them will even swap worlds too.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

Thanks guys. I am trying some structured training, so not being in a group ride is not that much of a problem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com