Garmin 520 Plus activity profiles

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Hey everyone,
Just got a 520 plus... I have made an activity profile under the Race Category using all the screens.. I want to make it more or less exactly the same but do it under the training profile..

From what I understand I can make a copy of the race profile, name it something else like AAA, then I would just delete the empty Training profile, and rename AAA to Training, and then alter any fields I like?

Does that make sense?? Or is there a way I can just do this through my PC while its hooked to the USB?

Im kinda new to Garmin, always had an SRM head, but recently switch to P2Max and wanted more info than the PC8 provides..

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

The profile feature is useful if you want to setup differnt FTP or heart rate targets. If you just want multiple data screens you can put all screens under a single profile. I only have one profile. I deleted all other profiles. I do have three data screens under the single profile. You can also rename the profile to anything you want. You cannot program the 520 via the PC. I hope this helps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Hey Thanks..
I did what I outlined in my initial post and it worked.. except I had to delete the original profile named "Train" and then copy Race and rename it to "Train" as there is no rename function...
Seems to have all worked out... probably wont be able to test this year outside.. snows on the way...