2018 Wahoo Kickr or 2018 Tacx Neo?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

madik wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 pm

So they really didnt change it in the newest Neo model? Thats really retarded on their part.. you are right, the thread inside of dropout is getting damaged. All your weight is going thru the contact between the sleeve and thread...
Luckily I havent had a problem with it yet. Also the same sleeve on drive side is sitting on the outside of the frame's dropout which is no longer designed to by pressed by qiuck realease and it can be damaging derrailer hanger or chipping paint on some frames. And lastly its very inconvenient to use the quikc release adapter since you have to fully srew/unsrew the nut every time you are putting or taking a bike out of Neo. The most expensive trainer on the market with the shittest thru axle support system. :roll:

I think with Elite's trainers you can just use your own thru axle. Genious and so easy..

I have no confirmation, but they are supposedly including reverse threaded 1, 1.5 and 1.75mm adapters for the DS in the Neo 2. Better, but still inconvenient, especially if you want to use your Neo for a pre-race warmup or something and you have to not only unscrew the end-nut, but now also another threaded component too.

by Weenie

hlvd

by hlvd

Dannnnn wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:24 pm
I've got a Neo 2018 but given the choice I would have probably gone for the Kickr.
The intergration with the climb and headwind would be good and having an actual flywheel instead of none would make the lower cadence higher torque efforts be more natural (the Neo suffers from "trainer slip" when it's used for that)
Hi, the Headwind will work with any trainer if you link it to your HRM.