Campy SR12 compatibility with Smart Trainer

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

avispa

by avispa

dgasmd wrote:One of their last statements on the phone was “probably never going to happen that we make a campy version for it. Just not enough demand”.

I bought the trainer and adapter from
CC, but the adapter never came in. Several calls later to CC, they discovered why my adapter that later came in didn’t fit the trainer: was meant for the older versions. We both made several calls to wahoo and updated each other of the answers. Their consolation line was: “well, no

...Live and learn!!
Wow!!! Just wow... I told Wahoo that most other direct drive trainer makers do make the Campy adapters....

I think that what we are seeing is the result of modern ways of doing business. Some company becomes the Prima Donna of a certain product and then they start dictating what you can have and do not have.

The demand issue is not true because out of every 5 KICKR we sell, 2 want it for Campy. Besides, what is really the cost of manufacturing this small piece? It’s not that it is built by Swiss watch craftsmen ... we know it’s made in Asia.

If I were you next time, just post your questions here before you buy anything... it has saved me personally a lot of grief and money!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

avispa wrote:If I were you next time, just post your questions here before you buy anything... it has saved me personally a lot of grief and money!
Typically, if I do have a question I do ask. But, there was no question then. Trainer was advertised and there was an adapter as an option right next to it. Both ordered, and then it is when it all unraveled. I did post about it here back then and in replies to several similar questions since. Sometimes you are the first to find out!ImageImage