Kickr fan

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2upEY_R6b ... e=youtu.be
Looks slick but very pricy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

#fatgolferfan

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

silvalis

by silvalis

I can't wait for the smart scent diffuser. And the smart steering. And the smart crash simulator that dumps you off when you touch wheels in zwift.
Chasse patate

Shrike

by Shrike

Yes very cool, and not really that pricey. It's more in the payday impulse buy price range for a median income adult. When the price drops it'll be about £140, which to be fair, you can't do much with anymore so an aesthetic and QoL boost for the home is very appealing. Definitely looks modern and has configurable options on app so it dials in the experience. Won't have to stick the fan on full blast anymore at the start of a session!. Way better than the two ugly mega fans we have here.

Will stick these on the Black Friday watch list :P

Just need to get fat and take up golf now I guess? :)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I like it... I use a industrial fan currently and it’s loud as f even on low. I use a tacx but I have a wahoo desk so that integration is cool.

2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

chunky666

by chunky666

Compared to a Dyson fan it looks pretty cheap. Still silly expensive though when a normal fan works just fine

avispa

by avispa

Not sure if you guys have seen the Vornado Fans... it’s almost the same thing but round and w/o the ANT+ connectivity.

I use my Vornado with a Wemo adapter and I turn it on/off as needed... as others have said, I’ll wait a bit to see more comments and price drops.

kode54

by kode54

specialty fan. pricey...but looks like it fits better than my Vornado fan. i like that it has variable speeds based on speed of trainer.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Damn, kinda wish I was baller enough for this, don’t think I could convince myself though... :lol:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hmmm... I think around $50 got me this fan from Home Depot. It could be installed on a mini airboat in the Everglades. And it would pin that beach ball in the video above to the ceiling :)
Honey... whaddayamean "the kitchen is for cooking"....

Industrial size zip ties attach the entire assembly to the actual Kickr Stand, making it a dedicated fan and permanently goes whereever the stand goes...

Basically tilts to whatever angle you want...

Remote control for the fan hangs from the right corner of the Kickr table...

I use it with the Lemond Direct Drive trainer. It's not made anymore, and it's not a smart trainer, but it's probably the most solid and realistic feeling trainer I've ever tried... and I prefer using the power from my SRM's on the bike that gets attached to it anyway...
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

robertbb

by robertbb

Importantly, it's set up in the middle of the kitchen....

TonyM

by TonyM

robertbb wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 am
Importantly, it's set up in the middle of the kitchen....
Not sure...To me someone is trying to make this room as much as possible looking like a kitchen - where obviously it is a training room.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TonyM

by TonyM

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:16 pm
(...)
(...)

....and because you are litterally cooking during your home trainer session, you needed to have a giant fan .... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TonyM

by TonyM

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:16 pm
Hmmm... I think around $50 got me this fan from Home Depot. It could be installed on a mini airboat in the Everglades. And it would pin that beach ball in the video above to the ceiling :)
(...)

Jokes aside, how is the noise level?
(I use at the moment a Rowenta fan because it is supposed to be one of the quietest in the market)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

TonyM wrote: Jokes aside, how is the noise level?
(I use at the moment a Rowenta fan because it is supposed to be one of the quietest in the market)
What’s that again? I lost my hearing long ago.

Ok, both the trainer and the fan are noisy for sure. But I’m not in an apartment and truth is, I rarely use the trainer. I had it set up there when I was recovering from my crash last year (that’s when I bought the Kickr stand which is awesome, but then needed a fan big time so eventually set up the system you see there. It works really well. I hear the latest Kickr is very quiet, like Library quiet. But you still need a fan, so that may be the limiter. I like this one because it covers a wide area and you’re completely surrounded by a cooling wind. I just can’t see how that little directional fan could compete. And tied into heart rate and/or power etc... please... gimmicky... I’d rather just be able to control the speed of the fan with a little remote as to when and how much I wanted at any given point in time.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ