Am I overtrained, or something else?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

AW84

by AW84

zefs wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:32 pm
Do you have the correct nutrition plan to support your program? Might want to check your iron,D and B12 levels.
I don't have a specific diet plan, but again, this is only about 9 hours a week on average. It's not much volume or intensity.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

To the OP... I recently suffered a similar experience and was also scratching my head. I always try for 200+ miles a week and started noticing a high heart rate for less effort and serious fatigue that started about 3 months ago. I changed my diet and adding more rest days yet I was still suffering. Ultimately, I recently went in for a physical and blood work discovered my iron levels were deficient. My total iron count was around 50 and my Ferritin below 30. I have since started supplementing iron per my GP and seem to be feeling better. I plan to have my levels rechecked in a month or so.

Best wishes
:beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Do some reading about HRV.

It's a more reliable way then resting HR for measuring how recovered you are.

It may not tell you WHY you feel crap, but it will give you an indication every day of whether your body is ready for the stress you plan on putting it through
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

Lewn777

by Lewn777

OP I read your first post carefully. Holy shit that sounds scary. I think you could have some kind of infection or some kind of severe deficiency. Get bloodwork done and fix it ASAP.

sleep

by sleep

I found one data is useful if you have a continous HR monitor watch to monitor the avg heart rate through out the night. Get a baseline of your normal sleeping HR rate. In my case, I could clear tell that I did not fully recovered by looking at HR rate higher than normal.

dim

by dim

blood pressure?
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

AJS914

by AJS914

AW84, did you ever figure this out?