i need new turbo

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

yes if you are simply looking for something with more resistance, i'd recommend a fluid trainer like cyclops or kurt kinetic. It will add the resistance you need without breaking the bank.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jgadd

by jgadd

I'll add a second vote for a Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer - seems that 'smart' trainers have made these much less desirable and dropped the prices, so you can pick up a really nice 'dumb' turbo cheaply. Feels great with the addition of the pro flywheel, too.
rideupgrades.co.uk

Twitter: @rideupgrades for the site, @gaddjames for the personal stuff.

robertbb

by robertbb

jgadd wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:52 pm
I'll add a second vote for a Kurt Kinetic fluid trainer - seems that 'smart' trainers have made these much less desirable and dropped the prices, so you can pick up a really nice 'dumb' turbo cheaply. Feels great with the addition of the pro flywheel, too.
I'm still on a Kinetic, with a pedal based power meter, and love it. How does the pro flywheel change things?

jgadd

by jgadd

robertbb wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:10 am

I'm still on a Kinetic, with a pedal based power meter, and love it. How does the pro flywheel change things?
It makes a big difference to inertia - your rear wheel keeps spinning for much longer, and takes much longer to get going. That greatly improves the 'road feel' as you're pedalling, too. I wouldn't say it was a 'night and day' difference, but I've definitely found it worth having as it makes the nice turbo much nicer!

Of course, your mileage/opinion may vary.
rideupgrades.co.uk

Twitter: @rideupgrades for the site, @gaddjames for the personal stuff.