freeware / cheap / open source software to analyse workout files

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rynogee

by rynogee

does anyone know of any freeware or cheap software to analyse workout files (specifically from a wahoo bolt). I'm keen to see all my different data/metrics it collects, specifically broken down by laps.

I use training peaks, but don't pay for the premium version and don't really want to (I pay a coach as much as I'm prepared to spend on that stuff as it stands). So can't see it this way.

ridewithgps wants $, not sure about strava (and don't care for it really), my element app on the phone doesn't break everything down (and doesn't work on a pc anyway), so I'm looking for other web or PC based apps (preferred over some ongoing 'service') that will do it.

I figure I generate the bloody data, I paid for the GPS unit (and ridiculously marked up accessories), i should be able to read my damn data without paying someone else to show it to me(!). but here I am, looking for something to do it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AndreLM

by AndreLM

GoldenCheetah

rynogee

by rynogee

oh wow, perfect. thanks heaps for that!

bigfatty

by bigfatty

notepad, once you have conveted the data to CSV from the FIT developer tools :lol:

moer seriously, another recommendation for Golden Cheetah from me

Kermark

by Kermark

I can suggest you couple real good software by using the trial version of them for 1-2 month - https://www.oxagile.com/company/blog/so ... -software/. If you need more information I can mail you, or send a message in PM
Last edited by Kermark on Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PokojniToza

by PokojniToza

I don't have the full version of Strava, but I use a free add-on called Stravistix for additional stats.

jlok

by jlok

Golden Cheetah.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

TheRich

by TheRich

OP has a power meter, right?

Suppersppy

by Suppersppy

I just published my review of the Stages Dash L50. The reason I mention this is because the first half of the review is where the really interesting stuff is. Forget the head unit (it's a good option but that's not the point) and take a look at the website they built to go with it. Stages-Link uses Today's Plan as it's backend but it's free, works with heart rate and/or power data, and it has tons of analysis. Not to mention you could use it to replace Ride With GPS and Strava if you wanted. https://cycletechreview.com/2019/access ... -dash-l50/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

leejhayward

by leejhayward

Golden Cheetah appears to be the gold standard as regards free analysis tools. It's a little complex to get to grips with initially, but thereafter it's ok. There are some good youtube tutorials on basic features from some power users.

I would also recommend elevate and stravastix plug-ins for Chrome to get more data from your strava account.

Although you said free, Training Peaks has some offer codes which can allow you to get 40% off. So I paid about £52 for the year and I find the whole package great in regards the planning, analysis and review of my training schedule.