Espresso....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

dgasmd

by dgasmd

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 pm
I started using local, small batch, micro roasted beans and haven't looked back.
Badly wishing I had that option, but I live in an area where more than the average person thinks that dunking donut or gas station coffee is awesome!! :? :cry: :evil:

by Weenie

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Hawkwood wrote:No one's posting any weights...
ImageImage
Have a custom made carbon weight weenie approved set of cups, sugar, spoon, and portafilter coming in ImageImage

Calnago

by Calnago

Well done! But what about the tamper? You want that to be heavy, with some good heft to it.. a dilemma.
Hmmm...
make it aero of course!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

dgasmd wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm
AJS914 wrote:
I started using local, small batch, micro roasted beans and haven't looked back.
Badly wishing I had that option, but I live in an area where more than the average person thinks that dunking donut or gas station coffee is awesome!! :? :cry: :evil:

I was doing mail order before I found some local places. Intelligentsia was one of my favorite mail order places. Their Black Cat espresso is pretty good.

https://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/co ... t-espresso

dgasmd

by dgasmd

AJS914 wrote:
dgasmd wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:50 pm
AJS914 wrote:

I was doing mail order before I found some local places. Intelligentsia was one of my favorite mail order places. Their Black Cat espresso is pretty good.

https://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/co ... t-espresso
Yeah, I’ve had it before until I found Counter Culture. Their “Hollogram” has been my crack pipe of choice now for a while!!

3Pio

by 3Pio

My first cup for today.Good morning ... :)Image

Geoff

by Geoff

@Calnago, since this site changed its protocol for uploading pics, I haven't been able to post 'em! I guess I should probably read-up on how to do that. In the meanwhile, I can flick you some via direct e-mail. Just PM me your direct and I'll send 'em to you.

Sorry, I only responded to part of your post and just re-read it. I collect race bikes, so I have tons. This past season, I got bikes from Contador, Nys and Pauwels. On cameras, I am running a 1dxII. That 85mm f1.2 is a really great lens. I would recommend it highly. I think some of the pics I'll be flicking you are shot on that rig.

Sorry, again. @gelpore, I actually used to think exactly the same thing. I ran an E61 for many years. When it finally became too expensive to fix, I started to look at the options. Now my eyes are wide open.

Calnago

by Calnago

That’s ok. I know what it looks like and if I didn’t it’s a a couple keystrokes away on the Internet. It’s more about pics making everything better in the context of what we write in forums. I use Flickr for most of my photos on here. Or my iPhone. Anything but the WW upload. With Tapatalk, which I’m using as I type this I could just snap an iPhone shot and embed a pic right in here. In fact...
Bad teaser photo. So c’mon... learn how to put a photo on the Internet. It’s easy, really. I hear even some Presidents use Twitter a lot these days, but only for real important stuff. And what would one of our build threads be without pics? It’s time Geoff, don’t be ‘fraid...
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

3Pio

by 3Pio

Geoff wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:55 pm
@Calnago, since this site changed its protocol for uploading pics, I haven't been able to post 'em! I guess I should probably read-up on how to do that. In the meanwhile, I can flick you some via direct e-mail. Just PM me your direct and I'll send 'em to you.

Geoff u help me a lot how to glue my tubulars.. So at lesat i can try to teach u uploud ing pics (and i still will own u a lot :) ).. Tommorow ill send u detailed steps how to do it...

LouisN

by LouisN

Guys, you should know Geoff is the modest kind. Would never brag in pictures about his possessions ;).

Like my bikes, my coffee machine is old, dirty but functional :lol: :
I use a personal blend, and special grind especially for the machine, by my friend coffee roaster.
I drink between 2 and 4 a day.
To escape the guilt I also drink organic green tea once in a while :wink: ...

Louis :)

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

Another Vivaldi user here. I usually have 1-3 lattes/espressos per day.

Edit: Gah! Can't get pics to show up properly.
Edit2: Fixed.

2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)

Calnago

by Calnago

Geoff is one of my favorite contributors to the forum. But damn... he’s sitting on Contador’s former personal steed and we want to see it. There’s a difference between bragging and sharing. And WeightWeenies is certainly no place for the modest types .
Now show us that machine you squeeze that last bit of morning goodness from. Don’t make me beg. It’s not pretty.

Calnago

by Calnago

LiquidCooled wrote: Image
Oh my, @LiquidCooled... you win!!

dgasmd

by dgasmd

LiquidCooled wrote: Image
I see what you did there and I accept the challenge!!Image

by Weenie

LiquidCooled

by LiquidCooled

dgasmd wrote:
I see what you did there and I accept the challenge!!Image
Nice tiger striping! But we're going to have to deduct a few points for the side channeling. Image
2017 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2003 Cannondale R1000 (CAAD7)