Espresso....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

More than $515. CAN for a moka pot :o !! That's a luxury camping accessory ;) !!
Looks nice though. I wonder if makes as good shots as they claim.

Louis :)

Maximilian

by Maximilian

My set up! It’s connected to a Belkin Kasa smart plug so I can turn it on remotely and have it come on automatically in the morning!Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1415chris

by 1415chris

Smart plugs are game changers, the biggest improvement in my life in the recent years :)
After a decade and a half of using bean to cup Gaggia machine, I treated myself with this:

dgasmd

by dgasmd

1415chris wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:34 am
Smart plugs are game changers, the biggest improvement in my life in the recent years :)
After a decade and a half of using bean to cup Gaggia machine, I treated myself with this:

I wanna know more about your tamping stand and such. Looks very funtional and nice. Something I am sorely missing for my machine

glepore

by glepore

That is nice. I've been using a hockey puck...
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

1415chris

by 1415chris

I was after something matching wooden handles. This one is from Germany, bought through amazon uk, reasonably priced.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Well, after several years of the same equipment use, I finally spent some time learning about new stuff. Got a leveling tool and a new tamping stand. Both welcomed “improvements/additions”! Still dialing in the new leveling tool. Have a couple of other tools on the way to try.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

LouisN wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:32 am
More than $515. CAN for a moka pot :o !! That's a luxury camping accessory ;) !!

I spoke to a friend who ordered it. He still hasn't received it (since it's a Kickstarter campaign), but he was recently told that he should be getting it before the start of the year. I will report back, once he gets it. That being said, it is definitely much more than I would be willing to pay for a moka pot, so that's a non-starter for me.

LouisN

by LouisN

FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:45 pm
LouisN wrote:

I spoke to a friend who ordered it. He still hasn't received it (since it's a Kickstarter campaign), but he was recently told that he should be getting it before the start of the year. I will report back, once he gets it. That being said, it is definitely much more than I would be willing to pay for a moka pot, so that's a non-starter for me.
Here's a thourough review :) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZMGx15QBU

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

LouisN wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:16 am
FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:45 pm
LouisN wrote:

Here's a thourough review :) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZMGx15QBU
Good review - my friend received his and other than one messy incident (the first time he used it), he told me that it's been great. Still, hard to justify that price tag.

parkkiback

by parkkiback

isnt it too much caffeine for a day ?;;
i take caffeine for two month and stop a month
it wokrs better.

1415chris

by 1415chris

Do you do the same with cycling? ;)

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

+ 1 on the Smart plug. It is great when a small thing can have such a big impact.

nismosr

by nismosr

Hello Guys,
I'm looking into getting my first Espresso Machine under 2k usd. what would you guys recommend. I like the Appartamento look and reviews on YT,
also looking at Quick Mill Andreja Premium or Crem One HX but they are made in China. Any other brand within my budget you guys can suggest.

Thank you
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

kytyree

by kytyree

I'd look at Profitec and ECM as well. I've got a Rocket myself but I was eyeing specifically the Profitec machines as well, my heart wanted a Rocket, but part of me still thinks Profitec. And they've usually got some excellent options with similar features, possibly better price points and by all accounts excellent construction.

And as long as I'm posting, I see there are supposed to be some more Niche Zero grinders for pre-order tomorrow 1500GMT, 27 Feb. If anyone has been eyeing one of those, possibly me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com