Espresso....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TonyM

by TonyM

I DON'T WANT ANY coffee machine at home etc.... :evil: because otherwise I would drink 100 cups per day! :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

3Pio

by 3Pio

TonyM wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:01 am
I DON'T WANT ANY coffee machine at home etc.... :evil: because otherwise I would drink 100 cups per day! :mrgreen:
That's describe me very well when i bought Illy Espresso machine like 8 years ago... To save, i bought a packet of coffee :)

And i realized im drinking like 8-9 espressos per day :) (And that machine is really easy to use.. Just put the capsule, press the button.. No need to clean it, or something...

After that i started buying just one can of coffee (21 pods inside). So this way as soon as i have a new can, i was drinking more espressos, but until the end of the can i was drinking less :) (when u realize u dont have too much left, u safe it if u really dont need a coffee :) )

On new machine im using ground coffee vs pods main reason the taste.. But second reason, more hassle to prepare coffe (and clean it after), so im not just pushing button which make me to dont drink espressos if i really dont need it :)

Geoff

by Geoff

So funny. I am always amazed about how much I have in common with you guys. I'm not that big a coffee drinker (my wife introduced me to it years after I retired from racing), but I really love a good espresso! My current rig is a Rancilio Rocky and a La Marzocco GS3. I hate dosers, but am thinking of a K6 or K10...

glepore

by glepore

Geoff wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:00 pm
So funny. I am always amazed about how much I have in common with you guys. I'm not that big a coffee drinker (my wife introduced me to it years after I retired from racing), but I really love a good espresso! My current rig is a Rancilio Rocky and a La Marzocco GS3. I hate dosers, but am thinking of a K6 or K10...
There's always the hg1 if you're low volume...https://lynweber.com/store/
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Geoff wrote:My current rig is a Rancilio Rocky and a La Marzocco GS3.
I have wet dreams about getting a GS3!!

Geoff

by Geoff

The GS3 is pretty darn good. I built mine with a custom Strada EP grouphead with a pressure gauge right on it so I can see pressure right at the portafilter. There is a new Strada EP with a single grouphead that I want to test, too.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Geoff, you need to start posting pics of all these things you’re talking about, otherwise... it never happened :). Don’t you have one of Contadors actual left over Emondas in your garage? And one of Sven Nys cross bikes? (Actually I’m not sure if you said Sven Nys or if it was someone else but everytime you tease me like that I think... we’ll wtf... post up buddy. Share the love.
And I think I recall you mentioned you got a real nice 85mm, 1.2 camera lens for Christmas one year, so I know it’s not because you don’t have a camera. So, let’s start with this GS3 you’ve got sitting on your counter, probably enjoying a cup right now.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

glepore

by glepore

:popcorn: Cal, I guess you know that the machine he's posting about is 7k to start...for a espresso machine that doesn't do much more than a 1k Breville.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, them’s fightin’ words in the espresso machine world. It’d be like asking me if they make the kit I’m wearing in a men’s version. Geoff, you’re not gonna take that sitting down are you... post that pic! Lol
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

I'm with Calnago!!

Let's see the pics of that sweet piece of plumbing! My Gaggia is a Schwinn bike in comparison.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

No one's posting any weights...

3Pio

by 3Pio

JackRussellRacing wrote:I'm with Calnago!!

Let's see the pics of that sweet piece of plumbing! My Gaggia is a Schwinn bike in comparison.
No worry here :) I have Saeco Poemia (also Scwinn). But for now like the shots im getting. Experimenting with different coffee blends in last few days (i have it less then week) Franck Rituali, Lavazza Rosso and Lavazza Oro..For now i prefer Franck in the morning, then Lavazza Oro..

AJS914

by AJS914

I started using local, small batch, micro roasted beans and haven't looked back.

3Pio

by 3Pio

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 pm
I started using local, small batch, micro roasted beans and haven't looked back.
Yes, that's a good idea for very good espresso....

dgasmd

by dgasmd

AJS914 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:32 pm
Badly wishing I had that option, but I live in an area where more than the average person thinks that dunking donut or gas station coffee is awesome!! :? :cry: :evil:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com