Espresso....

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

nismosr

by nismosr

kytyree wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:55 pm
I'd look at Profitec and ECM as well. I've got a Rocket myself but I was eyeing specifically the Profitec machines as well, my heart wanted a Rocket, but part of me still thinks Profitec. And they've usually got some excellent options with similar features, possibly better price points and by all accounts excellent construction.

And as long as I'm posting, I see there are supposed to be some more Niche Zero grinders for pre-order tomorrow 1500GMT, 27 Feb. If anyone has been eyeing one of those, possibly me.
Thanks Ky this thing is a beauty ..

2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

kytyree

by kytyree

Yes, it is a looker

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DavG

by DavG

Hello! Ever since I got my espresso machine, I've been drinking three or four cups a day. My body hates me already. I can't imagine how to limit coffee if it's always on hand.

req110

by req110

That's still acceptable amount.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

nismosr

by nismosr

at little too late in the espresso game, my first set just came in went with Izzo Vivi PID with Flow Control and Eureka Mignon Specialita.
now if only making espresso is as easy as intalling and fine tuning an EPS then life is good. Time to learn and dial in.

ImageIzzo Vivi PID with Flow Control by nismosr, on Flickr

glepore

by glepore

I have EXACTLY the same machine, but with a Coffee Sensor flow control. I honestly don't use it much to profile, but rather just to fine tune shot speed when the grind/tamp are slightly off. I really like the pid on a single boiler machine, as its easy to turn the temp up to steam. I ran temp checks on mine, and found that a boiler temp of 234-235 gave very nice temps at the group of about 202 or so without having to do the hx dance.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

kytyree

by kytyree

That's a good looking machine.

EspressoNow

by EspressoNow

I usually have three espressos of varying kinds throughout the day. I would say this is a much bigger hobby then cycling for me...as if the name didnt give it away! :p

kytyree

by kytyree

What do you think of the Niche?

I've had one a few weeks now, I'm still amazed how quiet it is.

EspressoNow

by EspressoNow

I was an early adopter and hoped it would meet the criteria of almost no retention and the ability to single dose. At that time the only other one I would consider was way over-budget; the Monolith/EK43. Niche has met all my goals especially at the pricepoint I was able to get in at but now I have my eye on the bigger newer ones such as the Levercraft Ultra...I just need a friend overseas to get me the "discount" version.

kytyree

by kytyree

That Levercraft sounds impressive, it's expensive enough that maybe I'll be able to resist it.

Sockman

by Sockman

EspressoNow wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:15 pm
I usually have three espressos of varying kinds throughout the day. I would say this is a much bigger hobby then cycling for me...as if the name didnt give it away! :p

Beautiful set up! What roaster are those beans from? Brandywine?

EspressoNow

by EspressoNow

Edit- wasn't from my friend that was another bag, but this was from Four Letter Word in Chicago. https://www.4lwcoffee.com/ I remember this one now, it's quite good! I believe they are the few places in the city that use a lever style machine as well.

morganb

by morganb

Really tempted by the Turin/DF64/G IOTA, looks like a good Lagom P64 knock off at 1/3 the price. I have a Silvia with a PID and a Mazzer Mini modded for single dosing now but would like to switch to a grinder more optimized for it, as there is a bit of faff using a grinder with a bunch of mods and the chute always seem to retain quite a bit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nismosr

by nismosr

glepore wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:10 pm
I have EXACTLY the same machine, but with a Coffee Sensor flow control. I honestly don't use it much to profile, but rather just to fine tune shot speed when the grind/tamp are slightly off. I really like the pid on a single boiler machine, as its easy to turn the temp up to steam. I ran temp checks on mine, and found that a boiler temp of 234-235 gave very nice temps at the group of about 202 or so without having to do the hx dance.
maybe I should lower mine .. i had it set to 248