Anyone used Xert?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

benzebub

by benzebub

ok, I'll give that a try.. any idea how I do this, or in which menu I can find this?

thanks!
But I could be wrong

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

benzebub wrote:Hi Guys,

I just signed up for Xert and synced a whole lot of strava rides.
I got the feeling that Xert estimates my ftp rather low (from the past tests I estimate it around 300 watt, Xert estimates it around 240 watt), but riding has been slow the last few weeks with a lot of zone 2 rides.

Is it possible that Xert estimates the FTP low? Should I do another ftp test for Xert to make a correction? I dread the 20 minute FTP test, and that is what attracts me to Xert, but ofcourse I want accurate numbers to make shure I don't overtrain myself
Same for me. I added manually the rides of the last 3 months and it calculate a FTP which is lower than my FTP. Maybe because I did not push at all in the last 3 months.

Do a proper FTP test again and it will take it.

BTW with the lower FTP at least you will be sure not to overtrain...LOL

jlok

by jlok

benzebub wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:57 pm
ok, I'll give that a try.. any idea how I do this, or in which menu I can find this?

thanks!
Account Settings
Signature Decay Method
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

benzebub

by benzebub

awesome, thanks! did the trick
But I could be wrong

Shrike

by Shrike

Think GCN will be covering Xert in a video shortly. They talk about it in this vid:

https://youtu.be/9NlV4tTljeM?t=15m31s

glepore

by glepore

I've been using the mobile app a bit and its nice-particularly the training "meter" and advisor. Have done the workouts both in erg mode using the phone paired to a kickr and also with the kickr unpaired from the phone but paired to a video program to simulate riding outdoors...pretty cool.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Shrike

by Shrike

Xert sent out an email today - they're going to update soon allowing users to generate training plans weeks ahead. How far ahead remains to be seen. The plans no doubt will evolve as you ride/train I guess, but it's pretty exciting stuff really. It really is the next level. Very brave.

Waiting for the update then going to jump in and toy with it.

siovene

by siovene

Shrike wrote: they're going to update soon allowing users to generate training plans weeks ahead
Any update on this? I also just got a membership and I'm excited about it, but I feel quite blind when it only tells me what today's workout should be. I would like a window of a few weeks in the future, so I can also do my mental shuffling depending on life commitments.

jlok

by jlok

edit: If you want to plan ahead to guestimate the future improvement, go ahead and favourite some past activities and preset workouts. Drag and drop them in the Planner page. The estimated improvement would be shown in the Progress chart.

I started the plan since March targeting an event in early July. I am now entering the build phase.

It is different from other training plans (read training peaks). For TP you would plan the required fitness level but that doesn't tell the event power requirement.

With Xert, you don't input target fitness level. Instead you will decide the required power requirement (or Focus in Xert language). Then you input the weekly ramp (Improvement Rate) rate you would like or able to do.

After setting up all that, whenevr you wanna ride, you just fire up the Xert Player CIQ app and do the automatically selected interval program. Or you can go out and ride according to the suggested focus at the moment.

Basically it's providing suggestion for self-coached riders. The interval programs will automatically adjust to your ability according to your power data in previous rides.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

buhx2

by buhx2

Does it tell you when to take rests? If all it tells you is your next workout, does it know whether you're training 3 days a week vs 6 days a week? The thing I like about TrainerRoad is that you choose how much volume you want in a given week and you know which days of the week you're riding. I agree it would be a bit frustrating to be blind to what's going on in the next few weeks to plan the rest of my life if that's actually the case.

I like the idea of it being adaptive, and I'll give this a go after I'm done my TR plan.

jlok

by jlok

yes it has suggestion about your freshness.

the trial is free for one month, why don't you sync your last year of Strava and see how it works?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Shrike

by Shrike

So, finally got round to starting Xert today and generated my first workout - did it on the road. 3x15min sweet spot. Nothing too stressful, it has me on base at the moment.

I've been messing around on it and wondering how the rest days are going to work. If I'm reading it right, basically I can 'earn' rest days? And just take them whenever I feel like it? If I want to stick to my progression rate that is.

What If I take a few weekdays off during an aggressive rate of progress. Will it be able to generate a really tough weekend for me to smash out some epic XSS?

That would be excellent but haven't found a way to make a mockup of that..

jlok

by jlok

I've been messing around on it and wondering how the rest days are going to work. If I'm reading it right, basically I can 'earn' rest days? And just take them whenever I feel like it? If I want to stick to my progression rate that is.
Yes, when you train enough to have surplus at a particular Improvement Rate setting, you can have day off as suggested Training is Optional at the moment you visit the website.
What If I take a few weekdays off during an aggressive rate of progress. Will it be able to generate a really tough weekend for me to smash out some epic XSS?
Probably yes. Xert will look at your recent history and consider your selected Improvement Rate (IR) to suggest how many XSS has to be done. So let's say you are doing avg 700XSS per week recently, to keep TL improving at a certain IR, you will need more than 700 XSS this week. During the "few weekdays off", you will see the XSS deficit keep increasing until you work at the weekend again.

Shrike

by Shrike

jlok wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 5:46 am
Yes, when you train enough to have surplus at a particular Improvement Rate setting, you can have day off as suggested Training is Optional at the moment you visit the website.
Probably yes. Xert will look at your recent history and consider your selected Improvement Rate (IR) to suggest how many XSS has to be done. So let's say you are doing avg 700XSS per week recently, to keep TL improving at a certain IR, you will need more than 700 XSS this week. During the "few weekdays off", you will see the XSS deficit keep increasing until you work at the weekend again.
Ah so it can generate the XSS figure fine, but not an actual workout of that level (say Sat and Sunday 400XSS + 300XSS). Think the max XSS workout they have at the moment is 218.

That's fine, just testing the boundaries as it were.

What about the endurance rides, endurance doesn't specifically mean endurance I take it on Xert? It can be anything from recovery power to endurance power to lower end sweetspot power it seems? It's recommending an endurance ride for me tonight. Says I'm tired. But it's actually got a bit of pace to it. Pretty steady 2hour 10min at 95% LTP. Lucy in the Sky 95% it's called.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Correct, it won't "micro" plan ahead your workout down to day basis. Instead, whenever you are free to work you just work according to the suggestion by XATA at that moment.

Xert is actually favoring Polarized Training based on LT1 (LTP in Xert's regard) and LT2 (TP in Xert's regard). If you set your target event requirement (in terms of Athelet Type) as Triathlete, you will be suggested loads of LTP based workouts. Even when you choose something higher up like Pursuiter, you will also get LTP targeted workout if you are in the Base Phase of the Plan.

I think their blogs explain much much better and in detail, go figure.
http://baronbiosys.com/sweet-spot-thres ... e-numbers/