Strava Bombers

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

beanbiken

by beanbiken

Strava & social media defintely have a place, problem is like every thing there are people that abuse it and ruin it for the remainder of the population. I am on Strava but only as I need it for the 7 Peaks Challenge..........

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

eforce123

by eforce123

whats the 7 peaks challenge

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kode54

by kode54

Strava is also great if you're not on it or upload rides.

There is one fellow rider who follows Strava religiously, sucks wheel all day and starts to move up the ranks for an upcoming segment, then in mid-segment, blows past everyone and posts that he in the top 10. We just chalk it up as others have replied here...whatever floats your boat. its rather annoying though and expected everytime he shows up for a ride.
PinaF8 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:15 pm
Strava is great when you’re not following anyone.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

eforce123

by eforce123

kode54 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:14 pm
Strava is also great if you're not on it or upload rides.

There is one fellow rider who follows Strava religiously, sucks wheel all day and starts to move up the ranks for an upcoming segment, then in mid-segment, blows past everyone and posts that he in the top 10. We just chalk it up as others have replied here...whatever floats your boat. its rather annoying though and expected everytime he shows up for a ride.
PinaF8 wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:15 pm
Strava is great when you’re not following anyone.
what's wrong with doing a quick sprint on a segment you are trying to improve your time on?

Rudi

by Rudi

Nothing, it is the behaviour preceeding it that is annoying. That and irregular riding in a group. I don't mind it so much if everyone in the group is in on it

I am in the "on strava but don't follow anyone" camp. I also have all the notifications switched off.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

kode54

by kode54

yup, this .
Rudi wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:19 pm
Nothing, it is the behaviour preceeding it that is annoying. That and irregular riding in a group. I don't mind it so much if everyone in the group is in on it

I am in the "on strava but don't follow anyone" camp. I also have all the notifications switched off.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

AJS914

by AJS914

The group needs to decide the rules of the road and then inform this guy that it's not ok. On my group rides everybody is going for it on the climbs which coincide with the Strava segments. This guy must have live segments going on his bike computer.

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

I am on Strava but I use it mainly for my own personal training when it comes to segments and many of the segments I create, I create to help me train and if that means a KOM or a PB then I know I am on the right track. I have turned off all notifications for upcoming segments on my Garmin and when I group ride the focus is on doing rotations not where is the next segment. I have many friends on Strava and I know many good people there as well. I think it should be used for good personal training and friendly rivalry. The ones who abuse the segments and make it blatantly obvious then they will get flagged by myself or someone else in the Strava community.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

mattr

by mattr

kode54 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:14 pm
Just work to box them in. If everyone is in on it it'll work maybe 50% of the time. He'll soon get pissed off.

Or just take it in turns to "beat" him.

As a club, we've done that (pre-strava) with an annoying "sprint for the sign but do no other work all day" rider. Didn't help that he couldn't sprint in a staight line to save his life, and wasn't actually very fast. :roll: He's better now (faster, straighter and not particularly annoying).

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Strava is rather amusing, but its fun.. theres a guy who religiously waits here until he has AT LEAST 40-60kmh tailwind and goes out to get segments... A few friends and I have made it a point to get em back and we always do... Its got to the point where he goes and gets em, one of us just steals it back, and hes actually blocked us now so we can't see his profile LOL

peted76

by peted76

Wow who knew people were so bothered by this kind of thing.
I think strava is great, but I'm really not fussed if a ride doesn't upload or I don't do the mileage I wanted to in a month, cycling is supposed to be fun right.

Shrike

by Shrike

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:38 pm
Strava is rather amusing, but its fun.. theres a guy who religiously waits here until he has AT LEAST 40-60kmh tailwind and goes out to get segments... A few friends and I have made it a point to get em back and we always do... Its got to the point where he goes and gets em, one of us just steals it back, and hes actually blocked us now so we can't see his profile LOL
A group of you are stalking a guy on Strava.

And you're somewhat surprised he's blocked you?

Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but something a bit dodgy about you and your lot :lol:

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Shrike wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:

Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but something a bit dodgy about you and your lot :lol:
Nah he started it, we just finish it.. its all in good fun.. besides with a lack of racing around here, you need some entertainment!!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

ParisCarbon wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:30 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:

Nothing wrong with what he's doing, but something a bit dodgy about you and your lot Image
Nah he started it, we just finish it.. its all in good fun.. besides with a lack of racing around here, you need some entertainment!!
I've had this in the past, should go stir the pot again sometime.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

HShimada

by HShimada

Who cares I guess? Do the people who "lose" to "Strava Bombers" even care that they "lost?"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com