Tacx Training app - anyone use it? Like it?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

AJS914

by AJS914

I got the Tacx Vortex Smart trainer last year. I use the app on an ipad or iphone to manually control it by power or slope. Everything works fine.

Last year, I found an FTP CP20 test and used it to test my ftp. It was easy to push a start button and have the program run me through the test. Recently, I wanted to test FTP again and I couldn't find the CP20 test. I see no way to find pre-programmed workouts to run on the app. Does Tacx provide any basic stuff like an FTP test or interval workouts?

When I log into Tacx's cloud program (it says Beta btw) I see that I can create workouts there and put them in my account. Is this the only way to do it? It feels like I'm missing something.

And it must be Beta. It's very slow. Today "public" workouts aren't showing. Even when the public workouts were showing yesterday, there was no way to search for "cp20". There was no way to search for anything. I could only scroll endlessly down through lists.

TonyM

by TonyM

I am currently using (testing) the TacxCyclingapp (different to the Tacx Training app) on my iPad as I stopped my TR subscription and don't which app I will be using for this winter (TR, Swift etc....). I have created some custom workout (similar to the one I used on TR) and it works fine.They remain on the app on my iPad. Actually I don't intend to buy their videos etc....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Thanks for pointing that out. I have Tacx Cycling on the ipad and Tacx Training on the iPhone. Tacx Cycling has the FTP test I was looking for.

TonyM

by TonyM

Still don’t know why Tacx has two separate apps....

AJS914

by AJS914

I tried the Tacx sample films. They were ok but kind of boring. They definitely don't seem to be worth $11/each.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

TonyM wrote:Still don’t know why Tacx has two separate apps....

The Tacx Trainer App which can be installed on Smart Phones and Tablets, supports Tacx's legacy trainers which use Private Ant, whereas the Tacx Cycling app is only for smart trainers and can only be installed on Tablets.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"