Using the Kickr 3 (2017 model) with a campagnolo 9 speed bike?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Greatwhite7

by Greatwhite7

Can it be done somehow?

Wahoo said it could not technically be done but people had come up with their own way around the problem.

TIA.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

Wheels mfg made spacers to respace shimano cassettes to work with Campy. I don't think they were exactly Campy spacing, more or less designed to split the difference because they obviously were on only the non carrier cogs, but it worked fine. Still have some on an ancient set of zipp 440's on a custom bike circa 2004 or so. Probably someone on one of the forums (paceline?) might have a set. I have a bag full of ti cogs and spacers from that era but not sure what is what now unless someone can give me the dimension.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Greatwhite7

by Greatwhite7

glepore wrote:Wheels mfg made spacers to respace shimano cassettes to work with Campy. I don't think they were exactly Campy spacing, more or less designed to split the difference because they obviously were on only the non carrier cogs, but it worked fine. Still have some on an ancient set of zipp 440's on a custom bike circa 2004 or so. Probably someone on one of the forums (paceline?) might have a set. I have a bag full of ti cogs and spacers from that era but not sure what is what now unless someone can give me the dimension.

I can buy spacers.

So it should be possible with the spacers?

Do you put them on first or after the cassette?

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Wheels don't list them any more. There's the other thread here discussing the use of 10-speed Campy on this trainer, which has no easy solution, so you can imagine that 9-speed is even more obsolete.

All is not lost. Just plonk a Shimano 9-speed road cassette on there and you probably won't notice a problem.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

glepore

by glepore

Yes, wheels has discontinued them. You'd have to find them in the secondary market. And bikerjulio is correct-use a 9 spd shimano cassette, it'll shift "okay" and you'll likely be fine. There is some stuff on the web about how to move the cable to the other side of the bolt etc. https://www.sheldonbrown.com/drivetrain-mixing.shtml
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Greatwhite7

by Greatwhite7

bikerjulio wrote:All is not lost. Just plonk a Shimano 9-speed road cassette on there and you probably won't notice a problem.

Thanks for that, but I might just go for the Kickr Snap instead then.

At least I know it will be 100% compatible.