PAIN Cave Set Up. What's Yours? Photos Please!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

TonyM

by TonyM

Dannnnn wrote:99% finished now:

(...)
Looks good BUT how do you get fresh air??

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

Took the word cave kinda literally there dude.

mcfarton

by mcfarton

I bet that tunnel gets hot fast. A vent fan or at least a dehumidifier is a good plan. My guess is that space will get thick in less than 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

I haven't used it yet. When I'm in there I'll have the door open (where the photos were taken from)

I'm hoping that the fans blow enough of the air backwards towards the door to keep it fresh enough.

In winter it gets fairly cold in there so I'm not too worried about the heat. I'm going to see how it goes but I may get a dehumidifier to keep it a bit drier.

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

The shed works pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

dgasmd

by dgasmd

The man cave/cycling lab gets a slight upgrade: an A/C. Have been doing interval training in the trainer indoor for a few weeks, and with the infernal heat around the corner that was just going to be a deal breaker. Bought this little a/c unit and hopefully it can keep up with 1-2 hr of infernal heat production by this sexy beastImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

dgasmd

by dgasmd

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Nice ASSOS collection

WR74

by WR74

dgasmd wrote:Image
Nice bike collection. Is that a 595 upside down?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

WR74 wrote:Is that a 595 upside down?
Yes, 595 Ultra. Love that bike. It’s my dedicated trainer bike now. Torn between upgrading to Campagnolo 11sp SR, ee brakes, lighter stem, and a couple of other bits vs getting a new Look 585 Huez RS and putting all that in it instead! Either would be my dedicated “traveling/climbing bike”.

WR74

by WR74

dgasmd wrote:
WR74 wrote:Is that a 595 upside down?
Yes, 595 Ultra. Love that bike. It’s my dedicated trainer bike now. Torn between upgrading to Campagnolo 11sp SR, ee brakes, lighter stem, and a couple of other bits vs getting a new Look 585 Huez RS and putting all that in it instead! Either would be my dedicated “traveling/climbing bike”.
Had a 585 ultra in the same color scheme. Still miss that bike!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

bilwit

by bilwit

Delores wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 9:26 am
No pic to share from me as mine is just a bike and a cyclops trainer at the corner of a room. But i have my fan setup from my rear rather than front. Front fan dries up my eyes. Dont you guys get your eyes dry that way?
I'll usually start with the Oakleys on and then take them off near the end

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Delores wrote:Front fan dries up my eyes. Dont you guys get your eyes dry that way?
Haven’t noticed that at all. My fan is blowing the air at an upward angle, so it is not straight on to my face. I added a portable A/C unit to the garage as it is unbearable during infernally hot summer month (7-8 months here) and I still pour out sweat by the gallonsImageImageImageImage

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Pretty sad while living in Barcelona where the weather is still good to ride outside but due to family obligations (after school activities etc.) I had to invest in a "pain cave" to do rides on Zwift.

Tacx Neo 2
HP 42" monitor
2 fans (30Cm wall mounted and our standing "summer fan")
M-Audio speakers for some extra motivation

So far pretty happy with this solution as I can ride now while the kinds are sleaping in the evening or when they are at home or whatever :D
Best benefit is when working from home I can reactively do emails while riding a big Zwift ride :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

jsprbcn wrote:Pretty sad while living in Barcelona where the weather is still good to ride outside but due to family obligations (after school activities etc.) I had to invest in a "pain cave" to do rides on Zwift.

Tacx Neo 2
HP 42" monitor
2 fans (30Cm wall mounted and our standing "summer fan")
M-Audio speakers for some extra motivation

So far pretty happy with this solution as I can ride now while the kinds are sleaping in the evening or when they are at home or whatever :D
Best benefit is when working from home I can reactively do emails while riding a big Zwift ride :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Looks good. Totally agree. I got a trainer as my kids take up so much of my time, i can ride whist they are in bed or after school activities.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk