PAIN Cave Set Up. What's Yours? Photos Please!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ms6073

by ms6073

nismosr wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:41 pm
MomentumR5 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:51 pm
ImageZwift by Michael Nguyen, on Flickr
wow .. love it .. info on those fans ?
Would appear the fans are MaxxAir 16-in Turbo Floor Fan from Home Depot in the US.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

jfranci3

by jfranci3

It doesn't look like that exact fan or similar fan (16" drum fan). I bought a 600cfm (1020cmh?) squirrel cage fan air mover and found a 20" (51cm) semi-ducted box fan hidden in our basement (this is an American problem). With the air mover set to low ~450cfm it was not too loud, had more than enough air movement, and the noise was steady, so I could hear talk radio OK. The big fan was louder on low, more of a pulsating noise, and didn't do as good of a job. Despite having a 12'x12' (13sqm) room at about 60deg (15.5c), I still got hot after 10min.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MomentumR5

by MomentumR5

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm
nismosr wrote:
MomentumR5 wrote:
Would appear the fans are MaxxAir 16-in Turbo Floor Fan from Home Depot in the US.
Spot ON! They are very quiet. Works very well. What’s up to another Houstonian. Don’t see many on weight weenies!

Leviathan

by Leviathan

nismosr

by nismosr

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:32 pm
nismosr wrote:
MomentumR5 wrote:
Awesome Thanks Michael for the link too
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

Conza

by Conza

No climb as of yet. Likely end of Feb now. Permanent 'indoor trainer'.

Used Squirt wax which has made it considerably quieter! Two coatings.

It's all about the adventure :o .

glepore

by glepore

Kickr, projector, amazon laptop stand, vintage Mission towers and NAD receiver, and a stanley air mover fan (actually almost too powerful)on remote.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

naylor343

by naylor343

@momentumr5:

Wow, some fans! Got yourself a pain cave, wind tunnel and Belgian coastal echelon simulator all in one👍

KCookie

by KCookie

glepore wrote:Image
Kickr, projector, amazon laptop stand, vintage Mission towers and NAD receiver, and a stanley air mover fan (actually almost too powerful)on remote.
Wow, loving the big screen.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

glepore wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:36 am
Curious. Why not put the bike/trainer facing the screen in the middle and the table on the side? As I've gotten into my 40's, I have developed the need for glasses to read only. However, with that came a sincere hatred for any and all small screen/letters as I hate wearing the glasses LOL.....

glepore

by glepore

If I did it "right" I'd have the trainer in the middle, but because the projector has too much parallax from the side I'd need to ceiling mount it, and the space has a lowish ceiling, yada. I had a different projector mounted earlier from the ceiling. Cabling becomes a problem unless you have a built in outlet and either wireless streaming or a built in hdmi. The table is just a quick/dirty projector holder. There is another bike and trainer on the other side that you can't see-just a "dumb" trainer that my s/o rides occasionally. I just added the laptop table-being able to mouse to calibrate trainer etc is much easier, and its out of direct line of site when you're on. Before I just had a wireless mouse in the seatube bottle holder, but using it against thigh was unreliable.

The screen was there when we bought the house, the prior owner's son was using it for old school movies wayback. It was easily converted to the projector. The immersion is really good, but when we move next year I might go to a 4k 65in tv as there is a definition difference, and veloreality and ergvideo now have some 4k/uhd stuff that is stunning.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

dgasmd

by dgasmd

glepore wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm
The immersion is really good, but when we move next year I might go to a 4k 65in tv as there is a definition difference, and veloreality and ergvideo now have some 4k/uhd stuff that is stunning.
I can hardly wait to live through you vicariously LOL....... :beerchug:

jrobart

by jrobart

dgasmd wrote:
glepore wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:33 pm
The immersion is really good, but when we move next year I might go to a 4k 65in tv as there is a definition difference, and veloreality and ergvideo now have some 4k/uhd stuff that is stunning.
The French doors are in and the drywall went up yesterday in my soon to be pain cave. Getting lots of good advice from this thread. Based on some of the comments here I added an exhaust fan (just before the electrician finished and the ceiling went up)!

Glepore, I’m at that point of choosing a TV (which will Be wall mounted). Have you done any research on particular TVs? I’m most a Sufferfest and Zwift guy while I’m riding so that’s what I’ll be watching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

jlok

by jlok

Squirt lube works as advertised...

Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

cho00010

by cho00010

Has anyone converted a shed to a training room? Just been given the go ahead (and told in no uncertain terms to get the trainer out the house...).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com