PAIN Cave Set Up. What's Yours? Photos Please!

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

I'm lucky that I live on the edge of the city so the base of the 1st proper climb is at 15 min cycling, however getting dressed, check the bike etc. makes this 20 min.
In 20 min I am already full into Zwift sweating my ass off :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

jsprbcn wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:27 am
I'm lucky that I live on the edge of the city so the base of the 1st proper climb is at 15 min cycling, however getting dressed, check the bike etc. makes this 20 min.
In 20 min I am already full into Zwift sweating my ass off :-)
This. It is kind of difficult to explain this who doesn't have a setup.

Sockman

by Sockman

Does anyone living in Europe have a link to an in stock air mover, similar to the cleva or the Stanley available in the US? Recently moved and didn't bring my fan. I don't want to buy another shitty pedestal fan, but don't want to wait months for stock to come in at Cleva UK!

shotgun

by shotgun

Just sharing mine

What's not seen in the photo is the 2 fans I use. There's a hunter ceiling fan above and a vornado facing me on the bike or treadmill
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Bringing back this thread from the dead.

Since I posted my original “cave” in the single car garage I had, it went through 2-3 different upgrades until the last version posted in post #111 below:ImageImage

That garage was simply packed to the brim, and while adding a portable A/C unit made it bearable to use the trainer there, it barely cut the mustard despite the fans and pre-cooking 2-3 hr in advance.

3 month ago I moved to a bigger home with a 2 car garage and a den. I turned the den into an office/trainer room using the old big plasma tv I had in my bdrm and used the garage to store everything else as neatly as possible while still being able to park both cars there. Worked out perfectly. The cooler indoor temperature has made a huge difference too!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

KCookie

by KCookie

I fully understand about the outdoor temps, my set up is under my verandah, on a hot day it can get to 40c underneath. Even with 2 fans and waiting to ride until the evening it's still unbearable.
Cant wait for the kids to move out.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Backround picture is from top of the Finestre last summer...

dgasmd

by dgasmd

kampiakseli wrote:Backround picture is from top of the Finestre last summer...
THAT SIR, is some serious baller stuff right there!!! How did you get it done? Would love to do something like that!!

DOUG

by DOUG

dgasmd wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:14 am
Bringing back this thread from the dead.

Since I posted my original “cave” in the single car garage I had, it went through 2-3 different upgrades until the last version posted in post #111 below:

That garage was simply packed to the brim, and while adding a portable A/C unit made it bearable to use the trainer there, it barely cut the mustard despite the fans and pre-cooking 2-3 hr in advance.

3 month ago I moved to a bigger home with a 2 car garage and a den. I turned the den into an office/trainer room using the old big plasma tv I had in my bdrm and used the garage to store everything else as neatly as possible while still being able to park both cars there. Worked out perfectly. The cooler indoor temperature has made a huge difference too!!
Nice one dgasmd. Im currently in the process of updating my 25year old air con unit and upsized in the process so I can add a zone with 2 outlets in the garage. Its simply too hot in summer and this year has been incredibly hot and a real struggle. It's still my best start to the year training wise but the wheels very nearly fell off. 35c in the garage and limited airflow (theres only so much a fan can do) is absolute toture for anything above Zone 2 IME. Thankfully the new system should be in next week so Ill be set for a long time to come and dont have to move the trainer into the living room when we get a run of hot days, something my wife was very much not on board with! I do need to think about insulating the garage door a bit better though for maximum cooling efficiency.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

There is many differnt sites who makes walllpapper of your photo and it is not expensive. You have to put it on the wall your self... I dont remember wich one I used.

skidrrr

by skidrrr

here is mine pain balcony

romanmoser

by romanmoser

the view looks ok
would love to have some kind of balcony like that

rainerhq

by rainerhq

Any good ideas, how to store wheels, 4 - 5 pairs.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

A lot of cooling and a lot of screen to make time go by a tad quicker.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

TonyM

by TonyM

Tailwind to feel it easier

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com