Strava cheaters

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Delores

by Delores

(In my opinion) it is my Strava, I upload what I want, if someone doesn't like, they can stop following me. I personally can't be bothered to set an indoor ride private nor do I see it being much different than the 146253th ride on the local loop in terms of excitement level blackjack online
. Same for a couple of km in the vehicle or drafting the vehicle to get back to the group, should it happen that someone loses their KOM in the process, flag it and I don't contest it...not going to proactively try to figure where to start/end the crop

AJS914

by AJS914

I have a feeling that some people do what you are talking about on pupose to get KOMs. They think, 'ha, ha! I stole that guys KOM" and they admire their trophy case.

by Weenie

TheRich

by TheRich

AJS914 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:50 pm
I have a feeling that some people do what you are talking about on pupose to get KOMs. They think, 'ha, ha! I stole that guys KOM" and they admire their trophy case.
In my experience, someone shuttled (skipping a 10 mile/2,500' climb) a DH, and made a point to alert me that he took my KOM. It's a fair tactic if that's what you want to do, but waving it around is kinda dumb, IMO.

After that, I changed my privacy settings so I don't show up on leaderboards and only followers see my rides and it has improved my Strava experience.