Bang for Buck

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Still need to start training!

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

451 TSS ....what.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Default Garmin 200 FTP setting haha.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Mate, *f##k* flyin! How fat are you atm?
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

DartanianX

by DartanianX

71 with clothes on in the afternoon.

RyanH

by RyanH

Could you share what your 5 hours typically looked like? I think the lowest I've gone down to while still considered training was 4 or 5 hours a few years back when I was doing Tabata protocol 3x during the week, a 3 hour group ride on Saturday and racing crits on Sunday. My top end improved a lot but my endurance suffered. I went from being able to average 130-140bpm in a crit to 160 average.

zappafile123

by zappafile123

DartanianX wrote:71 with clothes on in the afternoon.

So you're like 69kg? Mate... you're obviously super talented, why not have a go turning pro (if you're ticker can hack it)? I mean... you kinda did right? And got bored?

I say suck it up, put your head down, achieve something, go smash people and get recognised for it. You just need to pull your finger out. Why, I knew a guy in Canberra, full-time, executive level (I think) public service job and he put in about 16 hours of training a week. If you could improve your p/w ratio by 10% you'd be punchin it with the protour guys on paper. Surely that counts for something.
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Darcy, just stop. You don't need to pander for internet kudos over an ergo session. We already know you're a hitter. Pin a number back on and let it rip.

Otherwise this is all egomania.

liketoride

by liketoride

bud why are you mad? if the man wants to get slaps on the back, let him. if he wants to race, be supportive to have him enter the ring. I want to know how i can push my power to 5.3w/kg. that would mean that i would have to hold 530 watts for 20 min. just 130 watts away :)

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

You're presuming I'm mad, which isn't the case at all. Additionally there's more to the story, which you've either not picked up on in the preceding posts/are simply not aware of. Finally there's a Powerprofiles thread which is precisely for the backslapping you mention, so even that base was covered.

Hence my reply. Which is an honest one, not an angry one.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Nick's fine. We go further than on the line.