Elite Arion Mag rollers vs Sportscrafters OverDrive Pro

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

pmdd72

by pmdd72

Anyone have comparative experience between these two?

Based on their power curves I think either would be fine for me for threshold workouts, so I'm looking at other things like construction quality, smoothness, portability, durability, etc.

Opinions?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sanrensho

by sanrensho

The power curves on those two rollers are quite different. If it matters to you, the Sportscrafters rollers have a progressive resistance curve.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I had Elite Arion Mag and then upgraded to Digital for more resistance. I'd love to use a metal roller with high resistance though. Achilles heel of the Elite is the plastic rollers which can vibrate a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

I own a set of sportcrafters overdrive with high inertia drum. I used them exclusively for all indoor training for 2 years. They handle threshold and even vo2 intervals very well.

I haven't tried elite rollers, but own a real turbo muin which seems to be very well built.

What I can say in comparison is that elite and sportcrafters customer service are night and day. Sportcrafters are passionate about making good products and stand by them.

Rick

by Rick

Where does the extra resistance come from on the Sportcrafters Overdrive Pro ? Is it magnetic, hydraulic, etc ?

sanrensho

by sanrensho

^^^Magnetic resistance. It's explained here:

https://sportcrafters.com/technology

erik$

by erik$

How do the overdrives handle low cadence work, sanrensho? Is +-50 okay? Ambiguous questions, I know, but some user experience would be great :)

sanrensho

by sanrensho

^^^Hopefully whydobearsxplod can answer.

I don't own the Overdrive rollers (I wish I did). I have the Planet X Resist, which are made by Sportcrafters and use magnetic linear resistance.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mtalebi

by mtalebi

whydobearsxplod wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:42 pm
I own a set of sportcrafters overdrive with high inertia drum. I used them exclusively for all indoor training for 2 years. They handle threshold and even vo2 intervals very well.

I haven't tried elite rollers, but own a real turbo muin which seems to be very well built.

What I can say in comparison is that elite and sportcrafters customer service are night and day. Sportcrafters are passionate about making good products and stand by them.
Hi there, I'm considering to buy the same exact set-up (sportcrafters overdrive with high inertia drum). While certain about the quality of the rollers themselves, not quite sure how much difference the high inertia drum is going to make in my overal experience? what kind of coasting time you can get with this set-up? TruTrainer for example claims like 30 s coasting down time when stop peddaling @ 40 mph, but unfortunately it's not in the budget right now. And finally which drum you'd pick if having only one choice: high inertia or progressive resistance? Would appreciate if you can give me some insight.