recommendations for trainer/coach in NYC

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

EGreenberg87

by EGreenberg87

I'm seeing if anyone has any recommendations for a personal trainer/coach who works on endurance in the NYC area. I'm coming off an injury and a drop in fittness after breaking my collar bone and being worked to the bone without time to work out for 8 months. I really want to hit it hard with a trainer this year. Looking for anyone good and reasonable in NYC.

Thanks,

EJG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

You should be riding outside since the weather is not that bad. Start out with 20 mile rides based on your fitness level and increase mileage as you finish the 20 mile rides fresher. Once you are comfortable with 20 mile rides increase intensity of the 20 mile rides. Start doing 30 mile rides at a lower intensity and once you feel fresher from the 30 mile ride increase the intensity of 30 mile rides. Repeat this cycle until you reach your endurance goal.

Where are you cycling exactly in NYC? There are a couple of routes to try while you are increasing your mileage and expanding your range. These routes will hit some hill work to improve fitness.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

critracer26

by critracer26

Check out CRCA.net and nyvelocity.com. You should be able to find something.

I would reccomend Mike Sherry over most of the others but there is also david Jordan and will Schneider which are the most known amongst the racing community. There is also Zoltan coaching but I don't know much about him.

Internalcon

by Internalcon

I am a coach out of Brookyln. http://flammerougecoaching.com/home.html . PM me if you are interested or fill out the Athlete Questionnaire on the website!

spytech

by spytech

EGreenberg87 wrote:I'm seeing if anyone has any recommendations for a personal trainer/coach who works on endurance in the NYC area. I'm coming off an injury and a drop in fittness after breaking my collar bone and being worked to the bone without time to work out for 8 months. I really want to hit it hard with a trainer this year. Looking for anyone good and reasonable in NYC.

Thanks,

EJG

Is this your first time breaking a bone? Did you pin it or just let it heal naturally? im only asking because i broke mine 5 months ago, i was good to go by the 3rd week with some pain (nothing percocet didn't fix), but i was a little hesitant, to get on the bike. ive broken 4 bones, but this is my first cycling related and most uncomfortable.

Even if you do not find a trainer to fit into your schedule, you should definitely start to ride - you may be a little discouraged at first because of lack of fitness, but you will ease into it and progress. main thing is to be out there, with or without a trainer.

critracer26 wrote:
I would reccomend Mike Sherry over most of the others .

dont know Mike, but heard of him, nothing but good things. that may be an avenue you may want to explore if it fits/works for you.