Wahoo Heart Rate Straps issues?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

MrCurrieinahurry wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:45 am
Are these problems when using indoor trainers or on the road?

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2
Both for me

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tenja

by tenja

I have the original tickr and a v2. Bought the newer one for the day when my original one dies, and almost 3 years later that still has not happened. It is excellent. Not one issue. I have tried the newer one just to make sure it works, and it is fine as well. Always wet the contacts on the strap though

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

I had a regular Garmin HRM dual for a year which seemed to work well. Then I had to get a Viva 4iiii to be able to use my Kickr Core with Apple TV for Zwift. The Viva was the worst I had. It started bugging out after a few months, falling pulse in the middle of hard efforts and sometimes max readings of 220. They sent me a new one and after a year, same thing happening with that one.

So I just got the Tickr recently and gave up on the Viva. I just started using it after I got a vaccine. It was reading very high in Z2 although I wasn't in shape so I'm not sure it was right. It has also been going flat at times during hard intervals. Also, my pulse seems to go up to 173-174 during really hard efforts and then never goes past that with time, but just goes back down to 170 again, even if I'm not going any slower. At the end of a steady hard effort it should go further up not back down again. My max should be 192.

Not sure what to think now, it hasn't flatlined in a while but I'm not sure wether it's correct. Which other hrm would you recommend? The Tickr can take 3 BT connections at the same time. Does anyone know how many the Polar H9 can take? I need it to connect to my Garmin watch and TR on phone at the same time. Also to the Wahoo Bolt 2 and watch at once when riding outside.

Sorry for the long post.
Last edited by Roadbiker10 on Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Oh yeah. 4iiii also told me to clean the connections regularly with Q-tips and also turn the battery upside down and back. But that didn't do anything.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I've been using a Polar H10 for about 4 weeks now and it has functioned flawlessly.

wobblycrank

by wobblycrank

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:52 am
I've been using a Polar H10 for about 4 weeks now and it has functioned flawlessly.
this.

So much better than the TickrX..

kervelo

by kervelo

I just noticed that DCRainmaker has updated his TICKR In-depth review on November 2021 (see Summary). The TICKR has so many issues that he no longer uses it in his tests.
https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2020/05/wah ... eview.html

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Tbh I love my wahoo products but the hrm is a pain. I have I've had like 3 replaced under warranty. When it comes to purchasing a hrm again I'll defo look elsewhere. Some of my club mates like the one that's rechargeable that goes around the arm as they say its more reliable but personally I'm not keen on that.

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Mine's just started playing up after being flawless since launch.

Have a H10 I use on my WattBike so will use this whilst Wahoo replace my faulty Tickr (having the best customer service around).
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Spurdo

by Spurdo

Think I am on my fourth or fifth strap now, Wahoo has sent me two for free. It is the strap that simply stops working after the rubbery things start to delaminate, the pod has been working without a flaw for 4+ years. As far as I know straps from other manufacturers work too.

FatLadAtTheBack

by FatLadAtTheBack

Spurdo wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:17 pm
Think I am on my fourth or fifth strap now, Wahoo has sent me two for free. It is the strap that simply stops working after the rubbery things start to delaminate, the pod has been working without a flaw for 4+ years. As far as I know straps from other manufacturers work too.

I purchased some superglue and glued my pads back to the strap when this happened. Seems to have worked in terms of stopping delamination and the HR data still seems accurate.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Have used Garmin, Wahoo, and Polar extensively. Without any debate (for me), Polar is the most stable, accurate, and by far the most comfortable and secure.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk

Never cheer before you know who is winning

EdWiser

by EdWiser

+1 for Polar

Dannnnn

by Dannnnn

My wahoo strap broke again the other day.
Unfortunately outside of the warranty period and being a Tickr V1 they couldn't provide a new strap

Ended up having to buy a new one albeit with 20% discount