Moderator: Moderator Team
Retail price on these in the U.S. is $15. WW members will get them at a price of $10.
Most of the $10 will go to paying for having the shirts produced, in addition to a portion of it going to help pay for the costs of operating the Weight Weenies website.
So support your favorite site and order one.
You can order from the U.S. here....
http://fairwheelbikes.com/shop/index.ph ... x&cPath=30
To get the $10 WW price, just enter your WW username into the comments box when you order.
FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS: Please ignore the shipping costs that the website generates, it is set to generate express UPS rates. The actual shipping cost to Europe is $20-$30 for USPS Express(usually 1 week or less delivery time) Also standard USPS can be had for around $10(sometimes this is 4-6 weeks for delivery)
In addition these shirts will be available at Starbike soon.
It may also work for European members to get together and order theirs in groups, this will significantly reduce the shipping costs.
whooztheman wrote:Who is the maker of the shirt?
I just want to be sure that the cotton is of good quality before I order one.
Almost all of the shirts are Gildan Ultra Cotton. A few are Fruit of the Loom for the Extrasmalls.
J-Nice wrote:And its' finally here!!!! Oh my Goodness!!!!
What a stupid T-shirt. You can have your own made out of better quality fabric for alot less. STUPID!!!!!!!!
I'm glad we've finally heard from an expert....I can't believe I'm defending a shirt that was designed by the members. I just want to make a couple of points.
1. The design was done by the members, so if you have a problem with it, why don't you take it out on each and everyone of them individually.
2. Go ask your local printer what they would charge you to make a single shirt, I'm betting it's around $40-$50
3. You might be able to get it on better fabric, I don't really know, I said I wanted the best shirts they have....But if you could get it on better fabric? don't you think you should at least know what it is currently on before you make such a ridiculous statement. (It is currently printed on black dyed Iguana skin) It would be the equivalent of me saying "I can make better wheels than what are on your bike" I have no idea what are on your bike.
4. The shirt was done, not to make money, this is not a capital venture. It was done because the members wanted it. The money goes to supporting the site. Which I guess you have no interest in doing.
madcow wrote:2. Go ask your local printer what they would charge you to make a single shirt, I'm betting it's around $40-$50
as someone who's made plenty of tshrits during my college days...
it'd be $40 - $50 per screen, the WW tshirt has about 4 screens (2 colors - orange adn white, 2 printed areas - front and sleeve) plus the cost of the shirt, so for a oneoff you're look at about $205 for a tshirt. And the printer would be more than happy to take your business
Guilden 100% cotton is a good quality t-shirt. I still have some after 4+ years that are in great condition.
Iron-on transfers (the only other way to do it yourself) suck really bad, and fade and peel after a handful of washings. Plus once you work in cost of printer/ink/transfer paper/time/labour/tshirt/iron/ironing board/parchment paper it's not less than $10...
no need to defend the shirt, it's excellent. althou the phrasing is a little cheesy
If people don't like them they can just not order them. However, I can't believe that anyone would complain about a $10 shirt. Have they been to a store lately? These things are meant to be tongue in cheek and fun - and they are.
I'll be ordering one for me and one for eeatos.
Thanks for taking an idea that bounded around for so long and making it a reality. Excellent news that they are finally here
Any ideas on what these will retail at on starbike ?
I'm wondering whether to order 2 shirts direct from fairwheelbikes
- my maths says 2 x 10 + 10 = 30$...which sounds reasonable enough. Only downside would be waiting 4-6 weeks
- Similar Topics
- Last post
FINALLY!! My new Evo Hi Mod build - 4.78kg
Last post by dereksmalls « Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 amReplies: 49
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by dereksmalls » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:25 am » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 49 Replies
- 5943 Views
Last post by dereksmalls
Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am
Colnago C64 PKRD frame,finally
Last post by Devastazione « Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:33 amReplies: 25
Posted in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.by Devastazione » Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:10 pm » in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.
- 25 Replies
- 2379 Views
Last post by Devastazione
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:33 am
- 9 Replies
- 755 Views
Last post by Bordcla
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:48 pm
- 45 Replies
- 4048 Views
Last post by liam7020
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:44 pm