Why a this topic removed ?

News, announcements and discussions about Weight Weenies. (members, please do not start topics in here.)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Why a this topic removed from Road to Introduce Yourself :?:

Like: Build my walser TT bike. (pictures on page 9) it is about a light TT-bike :?:
Last edited by Tillquist on Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
See all my bike h e r e

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Yeah, there was a discussion about it about 2 weeks ago...no resolution unfortunatly, though the general consensus was that they should stay in the road forum, not be moved into the introduce yourself page.

Frankie - B
Administrator

by Frankie - B

here is your answer:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=19543

Oh, and the topic isn't removed... It's moved.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Skillgannon wrote:Yeah, there was a discussion about it about 2 weeks ago...no resolution unfortunatly, though the general consensus was that they should stay in the road forum, not be moved into the introduce yourself page.

Yes, I hope the mods will see these topics do have their place in the road specific forum, not in the introduce yourself forum!! :? :( Please turn back your decisions about moving topics.

So, Frankie-B, this means my MTB topic will be moved as well as soon as my bike is completed? :cry: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19839 :doh: So sad. :?

Singletrackmind

by Singletrackmind

Please, Please, Please stop moving members bike builds to the "Introduce Yourself" forum. I strongly believe that they belong in the "Road/MTB" forums. This is what Weight Weenies is all about. I rarely visit the "Introduce yourself" forum.

If you really want to move something, then maybe have a section called "Doping/Floyd Landis testosterone patch on his boys forum", then the 5 trillion topics about Doping/Floyd could be moved there. Some people can't seem to get enough.

:noidea:

On another note, I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone who makes this site happen. All of you do a really great job.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Since singletrackmind brought it up, I thought I'd echo it - just another thanks to the people who run this site, because frankie-b and florian sometimes seem to cop a bit of personal flack, but they do do a good job running the site

Shamus

by Shamus

C a s r a n wrote:
Yes, I hope the mods will see these topics do have their place in the road specific forum, not in the introduce yourself forum!! :? :( Please turn back your decisions about moving topics.

That´s right!

Or make new section...Here´s my bike

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Completely agree. New builds shouldn't be moved. People are interested in them, up to and beyond completion. Once they stop being interested the thread naturally disappears down the forum. The Introduce Yourself forum is to introduce yourself, not provide a place to discuss new builds / go off on tangents about the parts used. Once you have finished your build, perhaps you could add a picture of it to your 'Introduce Yourself' thread in the correct section and link to the previous thread.