Restrictions on the For Sale Page

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Hey

While not necessarily advocating this, as someone whos only recently joined the forum, and one who enjoys looking through the for sale pages - but in some cases there are people who's first (and only) post is on the for sale pages, which can be suss. So the question really is, does anyone else think teh forsale section shouldbe restricted to members who have been here for x number of months, or x number of posts

Dont like the idea, but...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I guess the best thing though is just buyer beware

bluespot

by bluespot

well i been on this board since 2001 when it was an email group ... anywho ... whatever

jalapeno

by jalapeno

it's a fair point, one of the photography forums I belong to restricts the classifieds section to member who actively contribute to the 'life' of the forum.
-------------------
Gravitas est meus Hostilis
Painted Roads Cycling: http://www.paintedroads.com
Words: http://mikesimagination.wordpress.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Jalepeno - this forum seems to have a basis of trust to it, and have only heard of one set of trades where the buyer had difficulties. Unless it becomes a target for scammers, it should probably just be buyer beware. That said, I dont particurarily like seeing people signing up just to make a sale and then disapearing after that.