Sram axs power meter help

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Chewey

by Chewey

A little help please. I am having problems with a Sram Red AXS power meter. Could anyone who has the same try something please.
Using the Sram AXS app and connecting to the quark power meter, there is a section that displays the Crank Input.
If I lock the rear brake and lean in a crank, the reading starts as expected, reading around 10nm. However after a short period, the reading resets to zero with the pressure still applied. On releasing the crank, the reading becomes negative by a similar amount and remains so.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Do other units behave the same?
Thanks to anyone who can try this out.

I am asking because a hard effort is only registering under 300w which seems wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Andrew69

by Andrew69

Chewey wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:40 pm
A little help please. I am having problems with a Sram Red AXS power meter. Could anyone who has the same try something please.
Using the Sram AXS app and connecting to the quark power meter, there is a section that displays the Crank Input.
If I lock the rear brake and lean in a crank, the reading starts as expected, reading around 10nm. However after a short period, the reading resets to zero with the pressure still applied. On releasing the crank, the reading becomes negative by a similar amount and remains so.
Can anyone tell me if this is normal? Do other units behave the same?
Thanks to anyone who can try this out.

I am asking because a hard effort is only registering under 300w which seems wrong.
I think you may have reset the PM calibration incorrectly as a result of what you have done
You need to recalibrate with no load and then we can tell if there is an issue

Spin the cranks backwards to wake the PM and leave the DS crank pointing straight down
Then calibrate the PM using your head unit with no load ( A garmin head unit should automatically ask you if you want to calibrate when it detects the PM, a Wahoo requires you to go into a sub menu to calibrate) and then report back the figure

Only then will we know if there is a possible issue

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Turn off MagicZero and see if it still happens.

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

Moving from WW -> Road sub forum.