A real Tapatalk issue

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
cheapvega

by cheapvega

Hello admins,

Tapatalk never keeps me logged into WW. I have no such issues with other forums, including one that just migrated to Xenforo. I feel like there's an option in Tapatalk to allow people to stay logged in. Any ideas?

maxim809
Administrator

by maxim809

That sounds annoying.

Could be something unique about your setup, with a chance of something weird on the WW forum end that isn't playing nicely with your particular configuration. This hunch is based on the fact that not all users are facing your "can't stay logged in" scenario, but also considering that in your situation other forums are playing nicely through Tapatalk.

So we need to isolate what's happening between those two facts (is it your setup, WW's forum setup, or both?)

That said, I'm not an expert on either techs... So recommendation:

I know this might be a pain, but could I ask you to open a topic on your issue over on the Tapatalk support forum and see if one of their support members can provide next steps?
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatal ... roups-f98/

In that topic it'd be good if you could share:
1. Issue summary
2. Your phone model (or maybe just iOS/Android/OS)
3. Link to this forum
4. Perhaps a list of forums that ARE keeping you logged in?

Meanwhile, maybe one of the tech savvy admins will see this and provide perspective from the phpBB side. Would be interesting if others are experiencing this as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fsp15923

by fsp15923

maxim809 wrote:That sounds annoying.

Could be something unique about your setup, with a chance of something weird on the WW forum end that isn't playing nicely with your particular configuration. This hunch is based on the fact that not all users are facing your "can't stay logged in" scenario, but also considering that in your situation other forums are playing nicely through Tapatalk.

So we need to isolate what's happening between those two facts (is it your setup, WW's forum setup, or both?)

I know this might be a pain, but could I ask you to open a topic on your issue over on the Tapatalk support forum and see if one of their support members can provide next steps?

1. Issue summary
3. Link to this forum

Meanwhile, maybe one of the tech savvy admins will see this and provide perspective from the phpBB side. Would be interesting if others are experiencing this as well.
I have no problem staying logged in on WW but their are other forums/groups that i need to log in everytime I need to post something. Then there are others I must use browser to gain access...not sure where the problem lies.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MikeD

by MikeD

fsp15923 wrote:
maxim809 wrote:That sounds annoying.

1. Issue summary
3. Link to this forum

I have no problem staying logged in on WW but their are other forums/groups that i need to log in everytime I need to post something. Then there are others I must use browser to gain access...not sure where the problem lies.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I’m using Tapatalk and have no problems staying logged into WW.

EdWiser

by EdWiser

Same here no problem staying logged i.