Thoughts on Enve Foundation 45 wheels

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
charithah

by charithah

Hi All,

I'm a new member here. Have been reading posts in the forum and has been very useful.

I'm looking to get an every day + all road carbon wheelset for my Orbea Avant 2019 Di2 disc bike. My riding is mostly solo long distance. Living in Norway the weather conditions are pretty harsh so the wheels need to be able to withstand that. Also the roads are not the best due to long winter. I will not be using this bike + wheels for winter riding. But through sprint to late autumn.

Currently have locally built wheelset with chinese rims and hubs (55mm depth). They are pretty ok in performance but I'm worried about durability. Already the front bearings (enduro ceramic) needed to be repalced twice. Given my riding preference of long distance solo need something very reliable (basically bomb proof).

Looking at the Enve Foundation 45 the specs does really impress me. The price point is affordable. Enve is using full contact sealed NTN bearing which from what I have read can withstand alot of abuse and minimum maintenance. The freehub uses Mavic ID360 40T rachet system which has good engagement and similar to DTSwiss 240s. Also the 5 year warranty and Life time incident protection is very inticing. Enve also doesn't give any weight limits on their wheels. All of this indicate to me they are very confident about their product and it is not just marketing hype.

What do you all think ?

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Entry level Enve wheels on wheel section:
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=161093

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com