New Emonda Thread

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Pato

by Pato

Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:09 pm
This image? :x
Or maybe this one?
Trek Emonda 2020-1.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Juanmoretime wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:02 pm
Trek did ask us to take it down until they were ready to release it. We get many exclusive first time product information here and want to maintain good relationships with the cycling industry to keep getting the first hand news. We did accomidate their request.

Juan
it is the risk that the brands run, for showing products and seizing the information until a determined date........they risk leaks and / or oversights, and that someone directly or indirectly find photos and other information........

bedampft

by bedampft

Why?

Why delete the whole god damn thing without any explenation? What was the reason for it?
The pictures are still out there and here, so are the infos.

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Juanmoretime wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:21 pm
FWIW Trek reached out to me personally and I solely take responsisbility for taking down the thread. It was a decision made by me. I have no allegence to TREK. To me owning a TREK is like owning a Honda CRV, in the US it seemd like every other vehicle is a Honda CRV. I drive a Volvo S60 T5 AWD. Never owned a TREK nor ever desired one either. The only thing I can say that I own from them is a Bontrager Ballesta MIPS helmet. What did I get out of it? A thank you by email by their marketing director. Starbike, nor any other adminstrator or moderator had anything to do with this.

I've been a member of this site since 2002 since I have this desease. A fair amount of disposable income and a great desire for the lightest, functional, durable bikes that fit me well.

My helmet is on so start throwing rocks.
threatened trek?? You say that I contact, and that you removed the thread..............that doesn't explain anything............as we say in in Spain ... "you have thrown balls out"

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

I have deleted my over 3,0000 posts since I refuse to bicker over this site. I'll do lesser important activities like ride my bikes and smile every kilometer or mile. I have requested Frankie B to permanently ban me since I no longer wish to be part of this I thought for years I contributed to the site, helped many members and made decisions in the best interest of the site. I guess I was wrong.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Nah, that's just some comments from a few people, most people aren't raising pitchforks here. The only thing that bothered me was that you decided to respond in this manner. Really hope you can just ignore this thread and continue to hang around here!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

Juan, I don't think you should take such a drastic action. You've contributed a lot to this forum and throwing it all away over something that is, quite frankly, in the grand scheme of things pretty insignificant is silly.

kgt

by kgt

Firstly, all this drama is not needed, and, secondly, I am sure that we all appreciate immensely mods like Juanmoretime who is one the oldest members in here.
We just need some explanations and transparency, that's all.

dj97223

by dj97223

Juan,

Ignore the jerks. And come back.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Honestly the new Emonda is not so radical that it requires removing a picture of it. If you didn't tell me it is the new Emonda I would not have known. For what it is worth I already have an Emonda and it is not worth fighting about

bilwit

by bilwit

The Trek person reaching out from the "marketing department" was most likely a PR/social media manager who, in my experience and industry, are kids straight out of college who hold no real weight behind them, which makes the removal request completely different from even a pseduo-"cease and desist." If that's the case, then immediately wiping the thread out of existence was a laughable mistake, but still a mistake nonetheless. Now that Juan has owned up to it and we've had an explanation, I do feel that people are probably making it a bigger deal out of it than it really is, especially now that the mods in general have made it clear that reposting this stuff is fine.

izzo

by izzo

Hi, another TREK fan here!

I am driving full carbon 2013 Madone 3.5 Ultegra, H2 geometry, been thinking of upgrading to Emonda for newerbike & lower weight & new group, I have 2 questions:
-Regarding the size, I am on size 56 now (been 185cm tall), perfectly ok,... does Emponda really needs to be 1 size larger, so 58?
-Regarding the material, carbon vs alu? For Lightness and stifness,... is full carbon a must or is alu ok too?
-Regarding groupset, Shimano Ultegra with or w/o disk, what do you think?

thanks, regards from Slovenia

hlvd

by hlvd

izzo wrote:Hi, another TREK fan here!

I am driving full carbon 2013 Madone 3.5 Ultegra, H2 geometry, been thinking of upgrading to Emonda for newerbike & lower weight & new group, I have 2 questions:
-Regarding the size, I am on size 56 now (been 185cm tall), perfectly ok,... does Emponda really needs to be 1 size larger, so 58?
-Regarding the material, carbon vs alu? For Lightness and stifness,... is full carbon a must or is alu ok too?
-Regarding groupset, Shimano Ultegra with or w/o disk, what do you think?

thanks, regards from Slovenia
I’m pretty sure the geometry will be the same on both bikes if they’re H2.

I’ve two Emondas, SL and ALR. The SL is smoother than the aluminium ALR.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

izzo

by izzo

hlvd wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:22 pm
I’ve two Emondas, SL and ALR. The SL is smoother than the aluminium ALR.
When things get hot in the mountains, I want all the power projected on the road and I dont care about smoothness of the ride,...specially when ligtweight carbon rims with tubulars mounted on, with some 13-14 bar pressure in them :)

So with your statement said, can I assume that carbon frame is more flexible to absorb shocks? But on the other side ALU beeing stiffer with less power loss from legs->road?

If that is so, then ALU is actually better choice for climbers? What about weight are they comparable?