New Emonda Thread

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

What happened to the new Emonda thread? I tried looking it up but got an error message, saying "You are not authorised to read this forum."

What gives? Did Trek send a cease-and-desist letter?

Won

by Won

I'm experiencing the same thing... I hope not; that would be the worst thing any brand would do

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ortziomenaka

by ortziomenaka

Trek order to delete the post?

Enviado desde mi iPhone AXS
Trek Top Fuel 9.8SL 10.04kg
Trek Emonda SL5 6.940kg

spartan

by spartan

very disturbing. once the images of the new emonda are on the internet it is impossible to silence it.

why no announcement from the moderators ?
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

This image? :x
Attachments
EC8B172F-056D-43D6-8533-24DF54FB8092.jpeg
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

CustomMetal

by CustomMetal

Very strange
Allegra- Steel Lugs TBC
Aurelia- Stainless All Road 8.5kg
Bertha- TT 9.8kg
Perdita- Ti Turbo bike 8kg
Serenity- Ti Gravel 9.5kg/8.9kg
Verity- Ti Aero 8.2kg
Alya- Ti Climbing TBC

All weights with pedals,cages & garmin mount

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Not sure what happened, but I logged on last night, and couldn't find it. I don't think Trek would make the website take it down, given that we had an entire thread on the (now current) Madone, before it came out, and they didn't do anything.

kgt

by kgt

It is their right, of course, to ask to take down material that should not have been published but the fact that marketing is so important for companies like Trek is so uninspiring and dissapointing.
Last edited by kgt on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

spartan

by spartan

i am curious what "exclusive first time product information" in the past ww forum has received ?

Juanmoretime wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:02 pm
Trek did ask us to take it down until they were ready to release it. We get many exclusive first time product information here and want to maintain good relationships with the cycling industry to keep getting the first hand news. We did accomidate their request.

Juan
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

kgt

by kgt

+1
Unless "we get so many exclusive first time product information" means "we often serve as extension of some companies' marketing departments."

raisinberry777

by raisinberry777

kgt wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:11 am
+1
Unless "we get so many exclusive first time product information" means "we often serve as extension of some companies' marketing departments."
I agree, this is disappointing. Either WW is suppressing good information sourcing and finding leaks (I mean, Trek's image was hosted by themselves - it wasn't snuck out by anyone), or there are marketing departments of companies lurking here.

I enjoy coming here because I don't get information that's just spoon fed from press releases. Because most of the major cycling news outlets are bound by NDAs for new product releases, it means there's barely any investigations on upcoming new products. WW has always been a good source for new product information as a result - because people are free to discuss it. I'll be very disappointed if WW goes down the same path of suppressing discussion on new products.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Frankly ridiculous!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

bluewhalejack

by bluewhalejack

Looks like a disc version madone 7

bespoke

by bespoke

I don't think this has received nearly as much scrutiny as it should have. In my opinion this is the death of the WW forum as we know it - I say that as a member of over 15 years and in the trade.
WW is a member led forum to show bikes and discuss things amongst ourselves; its not a media site that does reviews like GCN. Nor is it like Car magazines where you get flown around the world for media product launches. This is a geeky site, for geeks.

The statement about getting "many exclusive first time product information here and want to maintain good relationships with the cycling industry to keep getting the first hand news" is ludicrous. Genuinely name one 'world first' that the WW admin team has produced?
Its all forum member led....

The only reason this (or any forum) has any power/value is the size, passion and sense of engagement of its community. People come here to talk to each other and share news and opinion with each other. Its totally inappropriate to censor their discussions amongst themselves. Its a huge (terminal?) violation of trust.
The admin team chose to look after Trek over the rights of this community; that will have consequences.
There are posts about the new Tarmac SL7, epic ones on campy 12 speed and new DA. If Trek can pull down threads, why wont other suppliers feel they are prejudiced against if they cant as well?

There is nothing special about the forum architecture of this site; its entire value derives from the users in it.
There is nothing to stop all forum members simply migrating to a new forum and starting again

And i guarantee you that if this site loses 95% of its members; you will find Trek et al have very little use for the WW site and your 'world exclusives' (LOL) dry up overnight

Simply put; you need to unlock the original thread and admit you made a mistake.
Failing that you need to put a big disclaimer on the site stating that you reserve the right to delete posts at any time, without warning, if a supplier asks you to.
If you are going to censor people you need to be open about it
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

kgt

by kgt

+100

I agree that, at least, we must know whether specific deals with specific companies have been made by the marketingweenies moderators. In any case, we do not want to be treated as potential buyers of x or y company.

I am a member of this forum since 2006. My feeling lately is that a. some companies and their products or values (especially those by some big US companies) are kind of 'protected' by ww moderators and b. many trolls representing these companies' marketing departments are members of the forum. They promote their products in many ways and keep some threads alive and on the top.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com