Please remove my IP ban

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Multebear

by Multebear

I don't know were to put this request, and since I'm not getting any help despite several requests, it goes here.

I have been banned from WW and I don´t know why. AFAIK I haven´t done anything wrong. I've tried the "Please contact the Board Administrator for more information" link - nothing happened. I've written several PM´s to the admin @Nefarious86, but since he can´t see any ban, he stopped answering my PM´s.

I can't access WW from my wifi. I have to use my phone or the wifi at my work. What to do? Could someone please solve this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TonyM

by TonyM

I had a similar problem also a while ago. I could not log in at home as I always got the error message that I tried too many times with a wrong password (which I did not. Maybe a bot however...who knows...).

I then decided to create a second user to be able to use WW (you then of course loose the history and suscription etc...) and then after a while it worked again. I absolutely don’t know why there was this problem and why it worked again as I did not change anything on my PC and WiFi.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

I've actually been away for 8 days so hadn't seen the message, but thats not an interesting story. Will post it in the mod forum tonight and see why its happening.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

gwerziou

by gwerziou

Multebear wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:15 pm
I don't know were to put this request, and since I'm not getting any help despite several requests, it goes here.

I have been banned from WW and I don´t know why. AFAIK I haven´t done anything wrong. I've tried the "Please contact the Board Administrator for more information" link - nothing happened. I've written several PM´s to the admin @Nefarious86, but since he can´t see any ban, he stopped answering my PM´s.

I can't access WW from my wifi. I have to use my phone or the wifi at my work. What to do? Could someone please solve this?
Try using Opera browser, which comes with a nifty VPN function. That might help.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

TonyM

by TonyM

gwerziou wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:12 am
Try using Opera browser, which comes with a nifty VPN function. That might help.
Learned something! Didn't know that Opera had this function.
Thanks! :thumbup:

schlafen

by schlafen

Same here, can only log in via tapatalk and when I use mobile data, as soon as I go on wifi, my 'ip is banned'

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Multebear

by Multebear

Thanks for trying to solve this. The ban is still there though.

I've installed firefox and hola, and VPN'd myself to UK. This solves the issue temporarily. But I'd love to be able to use safari as usual and just do it the right way.

My apologies @Nefarious86. I thought you were just igoring my PM's. My bad.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Happened to me also, two occasions in two days!
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I’m just seeing this message now. I have the same issue. It says my IP has been blacklisted by Spamhaus.org. I called my ISP and they said they fixed the IP ban on Spambaus.org. It worked for a few hours and I was banned again. Please take a look into this. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I checked in with my ‘tech nerd’ friend and this is what he said. “Perhaps WW is submitting my IP to a blacklist. Maybe it’s caused by a misconfigured module. Just a guess”

schlafen

by schlafen

Some people can only connect via tapatalk as in my case, also on my phone's data only.
If I try tapatalk through wifi, my ip is banned
If I connect through wifi my ip is banned.
If a desktop is used via wifi, same, ip is banned.

Worth mentioning i use chrome on my desktop.

So for me is tapatalk/browser on data only.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Juanmoretime wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:19 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:03 am
I checked in with my ‘tech nerd’ friend and this is what he said. “Perhaps WW is submitting my IP to a blacklist. Maybe it’s caused by a misconfigured module. Just a guess”

Checked the IP banned list and your IP is definitely not on it. Hopefully the issues works out. It seems like those with issues are asscessing from Tapatalk.

Have you tried using just a browser to connect?

Yes, I've tried with using a browser and it didn't work. I've asked my ISP to remove the banned IP from Spamhaus but a few hours later it was back on the blacklist. Since there seems to be a flood of similar cases I wonder if recently WW started using Spamhaus to stop spamming, and this action had an impact on many WW users. To be clear, I don't send spam so no actions on my part is causing my IP to be blocked. It's likely that someone else on my ISP's network is the bad guy. Can you confirm if WW just started using Spamhaus recently? For several weeks I've been suspicious topics with links that I not dare click on. So someone at WW probably took actions to stop it.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Just a quick update on my IP ban. I reported it to my ISP and today my ISP said the source of the spam has been identified, and that the IP in question has been taken off of the Spamhaus blacklist. I just checked it on Spamhaus and it's good. And now I'm able to post here via my home WiFi.

Multebear

by Multebear

Juanmoretime wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm
Multebear, Did work on this the other day. Is the issue gone? Sorry it took me a while to post this.
The ban is still there :cry:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

What is the IP that’s been banned? Perhaps you need to contact your ISP.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com