Weightweenies website update, Febuary 2018

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
tmr5555

by tmr5555

what the WHAT?
This was a surprise :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Meh. I can’t seem to select the desktop site from my mobile, I really really hate it when sites force “mobile version/“ on its users.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

:roll: Wont let me edit either.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Needs more contrast, coloured panels, etc. Hard to for the eye to discern. Perhaps the whole faded out effect will pass with more exposure but the whole visual feel is a bit flat and ambiguous.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Slammed

by Slammed

I honestly hate the updated look. It's truly awful to use. I'll probably spend less time on here because of it.

morganb

by morganb

I don't mind the updated layout but the large amount of white in the background is hard on my eyes.

nmx

by nmx

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Meh. I can’t seem to select the desktop site from my mobile, I really really hate it when sites force “mobile version/“ on its users.
Sorry but there is no mobile and desktop version here. Everything is in one site. What are you exactly lacking in mobile view?

Mr.Gib wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:44 pm
Needs more contrast ... Hard to for the eye to discern.
Do you think that a slightly darker background would help?

slake21 wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:26 pm
...and putting the avatars on the right side is the stupidest thing you can do to a forum (never understood why phphbb did that..)
Indeed, we cannot understand as well. But there is no alternative.

slake21 wrote:
can't you just give us the option to choose the old design in the profile settings or something?
I will see what we can do, but the old theme is not even updated by it's developer any more. It is not compatible with the current PHPBB version.

kidrob

by kidrob

nmx wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 pm
slake21 wrote:
...and putting the avatars on the right side is the stupidest thing you can do to a forum (never understood why phphbb did that..)
Indeed, we cannot understand as well. But there is no alternative.
-> https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... _switcher/ :beerchug:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I can get used to the “look” but I’m having trouble navigating. And hence I left the desktop and am writing this via Tapatalk on my iPhone. Is there a way to list just “unread” posts, not sorted by forums etc. I’m a frequent user and only want the unread stuff to show up intitially. And what about a “Timeline” of posts. I find that very useful on Tapatalk and was always missing in WW. By that I mean just a chronological listing of posts. It’s useful when you want to review a post that you saw a little bit ago but it’s been marked as “read” so doesn’t show up. In those cases with a Timeline you can just scan down the posts until you find the thread you were looking for.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I also noticed that a post which I thought I had made to this thread earlier is not here. I feel bad now because you asked me to look at the beta for feedback and I promised to do so this week. Today was probably going to be the day. Oh well, it appears to be live now so you’ll have plenty of feedback I’m sure.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

nmx wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:54 pm
Monkeyfudger wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm
Sorry but there is no mobile and desktop version here. Everything is in one site. What are you exactly lacking in mobile view?
Looked like a mobile version to me were the format of the site and text is enlarged to fit my screen meaning I can only read 1 post at a time without scrolling, personal big bear of mine and why I hate mobile versions, if that’s how it’s just auto adjusting for everything then I guess that’s just how it is. Can’t stand constantly scrolling myself though.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Just found what I was looking for under the top left “Quick Links”. But I’d still like to see a “Timeline” choice in there.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Won’t let me edit or post when I’ve quoted, or if it redirects when someone has posted while I’m writing either.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Alternating shades between thread topics might make for easier reading.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rich_W

by Rich_W

Holy nearly impossible to get signed in. Had to reset multiple times. No captcha displays.

I have more than 30 posts in last 30 days... Starbike link won't work.

New template is to spread out. Too much scrolling. Far prefer the old template.