Weightweenies website update, Febuary 2018

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
outnumbered

by outnumbered

I'm finding the highlighting of topics to be a bit odd with the new theme. I couldn't work out what was happening for a while, but I think this is it:

In almost every other forum I use, a topic title will appear as bold in a listing if there are any unread posts in the topic.

With the new WW theme, it always seems to flag "hot" topics in bold so it's much harder to see at a glance which topics you've marked as read.

Any chance you can change this so that the bolding is only present for topics with unread posts ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@nmx can you address the attachment view counter issue?

nmx

by nmx

outnumbered wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:57 pm
I'm finding the highlighting of topics to be a bit odd with the new theme.
Yes, indeed, I feel the same. Forum view was way more clear recent theme. Also hope that we can improve it for better readability.
outnumbered wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:57 pm
I couldn't work out what was happening for a while, but I think this is it:

In almost every other forum I use, a topic title will appear as bold in a listing if there are any unread posts in the topic.

With the new WW theme, it always seems to flag "hot" topics in bold so it's much harder to see at a glance which topics you've marked as read.

Any chance you can change this so that the bolding is only present for topics with unread posts ?
Actually, when you click on a bold/unread link, view the topic, and go back, then the links are not bold any more. Or do I understand you wrong?

nmx

by nmx

Klaster1 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:16 pm
@nmx can you address the attachment view counter issue?
Sorry - I check ASAP.
@nmx I think there's a bug in attached image view counter. For example, if the post has 4 images and you open the first one twice, then all images view counters increment by 2.
You mean when enlarging/clicking an image?
Attachments
Img #1
Img #1
WW_AX_1.gif (1.9 KiB) Viewed 6588 times
Img #2
Img #2
WW_AX_2.gif (1.9 KiB) Viewed 6588 times
Img #3
Img #3
WW_AX_3.gif (1.9 KiB) Viewed 6588 times
WW_AX_1_hires.gif
WW_AX_2_hires.gif

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:23 am
Exactly. The weenies from your post always have the same counter value.

nmx

by nmx

Klaster1 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:43 pm
nmx wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:23 am
Exactly. The weenies from your post always have the same counter value.
Please correct me when being wrong but I actually think that every time somebody reads this specific page from this specific topic every image is flagged as seen once more.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am
Please correct me when being wrong but I actually think that every time somebody reads this specific page from this specific topic every image is flagged as seen once more.
You are correct. This behavior does not make sense to me, why would you count thumbnail download count instead of original attachment download count? In addition, the post with weenies should be considered as a corner case, because attached images are displayed directly in the post since they do not exceed the thumbnail cutoff size (i.e. when you get a link to full image or not). Check out my signature thread, I'd like to see which photo in each post got more views than the others, but right now this is impossible.

nmx

by nmx

Klaster1 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:21 am
nmx wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:08 am
You are correct. This behavior does not make sense to me, why would you count thumbnail download count instead of original attachment download count? In addition, the post with weenies should be considered as a corner case, because attached images are displayed directly in the post since they do not exceed the thumbnail cutoff size (i.e. when you get a link to full image or not). Check out my signature thread, I'd like to see which photo in each post got more views than the others, but right now this is impossible.
Is this standard phpBB behaviour a significant restriction for you? (just read some other forums and it really seems that this is standard board behaviour; Also the attachment shows this as this code is executed in viewtopic.php and not in download/file.php)

Probably we could do something but we try to avoid changing such "fundamental" approaches of the forum developers and also each modification makes the periodical software updates a bigger pain in the a*s...
Attachments
Unbenannt.JPG

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@nmx not really important, simply a minor annoyance. I understand what patching third-party code might cause down the road, it's just that I expect this to be configurable through a setting or some sort of extension. Well, that's phpBB for you.

ManekiNico

by ManekiNico

File this one low on the priority list, but there may be glitch with the BB Code unordered/bulleted list where the bullets don't display in browsers (Safari & Chrome on OS X, Safari on iOS). They do display in the Tapatalk app on iPhone though. Maybe a CSS issue? Could just be a quirk with Apple systems if the bullets display on Windows computers or Android phones.

Here's a post where I used the [*] list format:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=138945#p1392897

Attermann

by Attermann

editing a post doesn't work in the mobile version, couldn't submit after i editet.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Did you use tapatalk, or the mobile version of the site?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Attermann

by Attermann

Frankie - B wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:00 pm
Did you use tapatalk, or the mobile version of the site?
The mobile version

nmx

by nmx

Attermann wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:12 am
editing a post doesn't work in the mobile version, couldn't submit after i editet.
Thanks for the hint. Should be fixed now!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nmx

by nmx

ManekiNico wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:05 pm
File this one low on the priority list, but there may be glitch with the BB Code unordered/bulleted list where the bullets don't display in browsers (Safari & Chrome on OS X, Safari on iOS). They do display in the Tapatalk app on iPhone though. Maybe a CSS issue? Could just be a quirk with Apple systems if the bullets display on Windows computers or Android phones.

Here's a post where I used the [*] list format:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=138945#p1392897
Same here.. should be fixed now.