Weightweenies website update, Febuary 2018

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm
This attachment has 2MB. I just increased the limit in ACP so I guess it should work. Can you re-try?
Does not work with your attachment either.

nmx

by nmx

Conza wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:32 pm
Yesssssss! :beerchug:

The youtube thing is so fickle though. If you use a short YT link, no dice, playlist - no dice, needs to have watch etc.

Anyway to make it less anal?

Also is there an indent, or centre option?
Do I understand you correctly:
- You want only put the Youtube Video ID into the brackets/tags?
- You want the embedded video simply to be centered at the forum posting?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nmx

by nmx

Klaster1 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:43 pm
nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:38 pm
This attachment has 2MB. I just increased the limit in ACP so I guess it should work. Can you re-try?
Does not work with your attachment either.
Sorry I cannot understand - Please see attached.
Attachments
Zwischenablage01.jpg

themidge

by themidge

Re: image posting (again) Fuchspk(?) has done a good thing in his Stevens build thread by using a third party to post big pictures, but also attaching lower resolution ones (same pics) at the end of the posts as a sort of backup.

nmx

by nmx

MayhemSWE wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:25 pm
nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:18 pm
MayhemSWE wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:27 pm
At the top of each thread, right next to the page number navigation, there is a tiny First unread post link. It'd be super awesome if there was a way to set a global default to always jump directly to the first unread post when opening a thread.
Unbenannt.PNG

This small tiny link is what you mean right?
Yes that is the one. I just figured out that the small document icon in front of each thread title (when viewing a list of topics) already does this, but I still think it'd be massively convenient if the default behavior would be to go to the first unread post.
We just added a function which alters all links so that - if you are logged in and if there are unread postings - you immediately are redirected to the latest unread postings. You must have Javascript enabled and probably you must clear your cache (CTRL+F5). If you find any wrong behaviour or errors/bugs please let me know.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:56 pm
When I download the wallpaper you've used as a test image and try to attach it to my post the file upload form still warns me about 160kb limit. Please see the screenshot below.
Attachments
160kb limit.PNG

nmx

by nmx

Klaster1 wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 pm
nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:56 pm
When I download the wallpaper you've used as a test image and try to attach it to my post the file upload form still warns me about 160kb limit. Please see the screenshot below.
Can you please re-try? Just found another setting.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:12 pm
Can you please re-try? Just found another setting.
Yes, it works now. Thanks a lot :beerchug:

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Conza wrote:
The youtube thing is so fickle though. If you use a short YT link, no dice, playlist - no dice, needs to have watch etc.

I don't have an answer to this, but another forum I post on requires the full link too, so it may just be a software thing.

Conza

by Conza

nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:54 pm
Conza wrote:
Yesssssss! :beerchug:

Also is there an indent, or centre option?
Do I understand you correctly:
- You want only put the Youtube Video ID into the brackets/tags?
- You want the embedded video simply to be centered at the forum posting?
I want the youtube embedding to work with a variety of ways - if someone posts a shortened YT url, or a playlist - to work as well.

Any chance of vimeo working as well?

The [indent], or [centre] was a different BB code request. :)
It's all about the adventure :o .

nmx

by nmx

Conza wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:38 am
I want the youtube embedding to work with a variety of ways - if someone posts a shortened YT url, or a playlist - to work as well.
Okay, we have enhanced the embedding function. Now you can put in a variety of different Youtube URLs/links and it will be parsed automatically. However, there are many different options how to access to Youtube video through many different URLs and hence it is not so easy to cover all possible cases. If there occurs an error prospectively or nothing is being displayed simply put the Youtube video ID (can be found in every URL) between the tags/brackets.

Also here: You probably must do a hard refresh of the browser cache with CTRL+F5 and you must have JavaScript enabled.
Conza wrote:
Added as well.
Conza wrote:
Added as well.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

nmx wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:24 pm
We just added a function which alters all links so that - if you are logged in and if there are unread postings - you immediately are redirected to the latest unread postings. You must have Javascript enabled and probably you must clear your cache (CTRL+F5). If you find any wrong behaviour or errors/bugs please let me know.
Seems to be working, many thanks!

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Just testing. :beerchug:

:welcome:

Conza

by Conza

nmx wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 am
Conza wrote:
Okay, we have enhanced the embedding function. Now you can put in a variety of different Youtube URLs/links and it will be parsed automatically. However, there are many different options how to access to Youtube video through many different URLs and hence it is not so easy to cover all possible cases. If there occurs an error prospectively or nothing is being displayed simply put the Youtube video ID (can be found in every URL) between the tags/brackets.

Also here: You probably must do a hard refresh of the browser cache with CTRL+F5 and you must have JavaScript enabled.
Conza wrote:
Added as well.
Conza wrote:
Added as well.
:beerchug: legend, thanks!
It's all about the adventure :o .

dmp

by dmp

I'm afraid that I must agree with all the complainers. The new pages are too bright (hard to read) and there is just so much wasted white space and screen real estate leading to much too much scrolling. It's too hard to read. Log in works fine for me, however.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com