Weightweenies website update, Febuary 2018

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

nmx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:49 am
MayhemSWE wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 pm
Also, when doing searches (such as the "New Posts" link which I use for my direct bookmark to this forum) the results no longer shows which section of the forum each thread is in.
Please re-check now.
nmx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:56 am
MayhemSWE wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:13 pm
Please don't forget to restore the mod that makes the all links to threads from the forum index by default take you to the last unread post (the same as if you click the icon to the left of the thread title). That made the forum so much quicker and easier to navigate if you ask me!
Please re-check if all fine now. I did forget to restore this, thx for the hint.
All good now!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nmx

by nmx

Klaster_1 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:02 am
@nmx don't you think emoji substitution has served it's purpose and should go? It's full of bugs, vast majority of browsers renders those fine and receive timely updates, unlike whatever is used right now. If anyone would like to see regular font-based emoji instead of SVG images, here's a userscript.

Also, @ mentions would be very nice to see.
Would you have plugin recommendations for both?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 pm
Would you have plugin recommendations for both?
Not sure how it's done now, but for emoji, I suspect a plugin does the substitution, so look into disabling it. You don't need any code to display emoji. As for mentions, this extension looks promising.

kidrob

by kidrob

Has this been resolved yet? I am still (?) seeing these horrendous huge smileys :/
smiley.jpg

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

kidrob wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:21 am
Has this been resolved yet? I am still (?) seeing these horrendous huge smileys :/
smiley.jpg
You can give my userjs a go. Use Tampermonkey for Chrome or Greasemonkey for Firefox to install.

kidrob

by kidrob

hmm ok, thanks. In the end, for all users, I suppose solving it on website/"global" level would be the better solution ofc :roll:

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

kidrob wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:26 am
hmm ok, thanks. In the end, for all users, I suppose solving it on website/"global" level would be the better solution ofc :roll:
Absolutely, I already pointed the issue to @nmx several months ago, but nothing changed since then.

nmx

by nmx

Klaster_1 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:45 am
kidrob wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:26 am
Absolutely, I already pointed the issue to @nmx several months ago, but nothing changed since then.
Do I understand you correctly that turning off the "allow smilies" setting at phpbb administration would do the job so that browser can convert smilies by their own?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 am
Do I understand you correct that turning off the "allow smilies" setting at phpbb administration would do the job so that browser can convert smilies by their own?
No idea 🤷‍♂️, I have no experience administering a phpBB instance. You can try that in dev or staging environments, if you have those. There's no need to convert unicode emoji at all, but bbcode smileys would still require substitution. This comment has "disable smilies" on and the "shrug" looks OK without my userscript.

nmx

by nmx

kidrob wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:21 am
smiley.jpg
Issue fixed

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

nmx wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:34 am
Issue fixed
🎉

bilwit

by bilwit

plz add a spoiler tag plugin to help better organize posts/threads (can help minimize content like updating bike posts and wrapping old content in spoilers to prevent long and unnecessary parts from being quoted)

https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/new_spoiler

nmx

by nmx

Klaster_1 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:49 am
nmx wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:08 am
Do I understand you correct that turning off the "allow smilies" setting at phpbb administration would do the job so that browser can convert smilies by their own?
No idea 🤷‍♂️, I have no experience administering a phpBB instance. You can try that in dev or staging environments, if you have those. There's no need to convert unicode emoji at all, but bbcode smileys would still require substitution. This comment has "disable smilies" on and the "shrug" looks OK without my userscript.
Your JS script is now added to the site and the phpBB emoji substitution therefore disabled.

matioli

by matioli

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Colnago C59

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Not sure if it's the right place to post this, but in the last few weeks, I get force-logged off probably every 5 minutes or so, I always have to log in again, sometimes it happens while I am typing so when I click Submit, it just hangs and I lose what I just wrote... a bit annoying so I use the forums less and less.