Weightweenies website update, Febuary 2018

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
themidge

by themidge

Whoa whoa whoa, what's happened to the UI? Looks worse than the original!

nmx

by nmx

The forum was just updated to the latest version and this always means that all styles must be re-implemented. We will do next days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nmx

by nmx

Does anyone have problems with Tapatalk and especially push notifications?

nmx

by nmx

Conza wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:13 pm
Any reason videos don't embed anymore? bb code for that?
Do you mean Vimeo or Youtube?

nmx

by nmx

The style is now re-implemented. Besides the very old-school subsilver3 style you can from now on also use the standard prosilver ("prosilver default") style if you are more comfortable with as with the current style. You can switch the styles @ UCP > board settings.

AJS914

by AJS914

I've noticed a couple minor things. Before the upgrade, I'd click on a topic title and it would automatically go to the first unread post. Now it goes to the first page of the topic. Yes, I know I can click on the tiny page icon or click on "first unread post".

I'm also seeing some text wrapping issue. (Firefox v73 Mac) See attached.
ww.jpg

AJS914

by AJS914

Another change I've noticed is that 3rd party links no longer open in a new tab. Personally I prefer that behavior as it doesn't take me out of weightweenies.

Thanks!

themidge

by themidge

I'm seeing that text stacked on top of it's neighbours too, Chrome Linux Fedora 30

nmx

by nmx

I have now cleared the forums cache, should be resolved. If not please simply press CTRL+F5 for clearung your browser cache - should be resolved then.

nmx

by nmx

AJS914 wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:13 pm
Another change I've noticed is that 3rd party links no longer open in a new tab. Personally I prefer that behavior as it doesn't take me out of weightweenies.

Thanks!
Should also be fixed now.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Please don't forget to restore the mod that makes the all links to threads from the forum index by default take you to the last unread post (the same as if you click the icon to the left of the thread title). That made the forum so much quicker and easier to navigate if you ask me!

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Also, when doing searches (such as the "New Posts" link which I use for my direct bookmark to this forum) the results no longer shows which section of the forum each thread is in.

nmx

by nmx

MayhemSWE wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 pm
Also, when doing searches (such as the "New Posts" link which I use for my direct bookmark to this forum) the results no longer shows which section of the forum each thread is in.
Please re-check now.

nmx

by nmx

MayhemSWE wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:13 pm
Please don't forget to restore the mod that makes the all links to threads from the forum index by default take you to the last unread post (the same as if you click the icon to the left of the thread title). That made the forum so much quicker and easier to navigate if you ask me!
Please re-check if all fine now. I did forget to restore this, thx for the hint.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@nmx don't you think emoji substitution has served it's purpose and should go? It's full of bugs, vast majority of browsers renders those fine and receive timely updates, unlike whatever is used right now. If anyone would like to see regular font-based emoji instead of SVG images, here's a userscript.

Also, @ mentions would be very nice to see.