Forum update, database migration and some issues coming with

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
nmx

by nmx

Hi at all,

we're sorry for the inconvenience during 2017 christmas days with the forum.

We have been updated the forum PHPBB software to the latest iteration and furtherly we switched the WW SQL database from mySQL4 to MySQL5 as we have encountered some problems with performance recently.

Unfortunately there was a small error while updating and this caused that there was a time period of approximately 24 hours where the postings of newly created topics (within those 24 hours) have been confused with other topics.

We have now re-constructed the database structure manually by hand (as best as we were able to) and now the biggest issues of posting<->topic context should be resolved.

Affected topics:
viewtopic.php?f=121&t=149097
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=149033
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=149102
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=149103
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=149105
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=149098
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=149100
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=149101

If there are any other missed content/problems please post it here in this thread.

Happy new year!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

Mods,

Thank you for doing a mostly thankless job!
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Quotes no longer include the name of the poster being quoted. The old way even allowed the poster to edit the "name" of the poster to include other information, such as date, or even the URL to a different thread, which was sometimes useful. I did some elaborate things. But now all anyone sees is Quote. Can this be reverted to previous behavior and options?

Below, I leave off the [ before the first quote and before url=so that you can actually see the code. This used to work. and there would even be a clickable link in the Quote header.

quote="On Dec 1, 2017 in url=threadurl]Name of thread[/url], Joecyclist"]text quoted[/quote]

nmx

by nmx

Thanks so much for reporting. We take care ASAP!

nmx

by nmx

nmx wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 am
Thanks so much for reporting. We take care ASAP!
Testquote

nmx

by nmx

Should be resolved now.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Thanks. Yes it is "resolved", but it's not quite as good as it was. Links in the Quote header are no longer clickable. Maybe I am the only one who used such elaborate constructs. This capability is useful for quotes from threads having many posts, or for quotes from another thread or source - that way people can easily see the original post or source from which the quote is taken.

As you can see, in the quote below from viewtopic.php?f=14&t=143186&p=1361291#p1361291 , the link in the inner quote header is no longer clickable. But if you go the linked post viewtopic.php?f=14&t=143186&p=1361291#p1361291 , it actually is clickable there. Even inks in a single quote header are no longer clickable.

HammerTime2 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 pm
Re: Gaimon and Cancellara, and tying it al in with TUE
In Jan 30, 2016 in [url=http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136892&p=1201219#p1201219]2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.[/url], HammerTime2 wrote:Can you get a TUE to have an electric motor if you are diagnosed with SCS*? And if you're like Lance, have it backdated?

SCS: Slow Climber Syndrome
In my opinion, most of these TUEs are no more legit than this would be.

nmx

by nmx

HammerTime2 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:48 am
Thanks. Yes it is "resolved", but it's not quite as good as it was. Links in the Quote header are no longer clickable. Maybe I am the only one who used such elaborate constructs. This capability is useful for quotes from threads having many posts, or for quotes from another thread or source - that way people can easily see the original post or source from which the quote is taken.

As you can see, in the quote below from viewtopic.php?f=14&t=143186&p=1361291#p1361291 , the link in the inner quote header is no longer clickable. But if you go the linked post viewtopic.php?f=14&t=143186&p=1361291#p1361291 , it actually is clickable there. Even inks in a single quote header are no longer clickable.

HammerTime2 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:57 pm
Re: Gaimon and Cancellara, and tying it al in with TUE
In Jan 30, 2016 in [url=http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=136892&p=1201219#p1201219]2016 'PRO' cycling discussion.[/url], HammerTime2 wrote:Can you get a TUE to have an electric motor if you are diagnosed with SCS*? And if you're like Lance, have it backdated?

SCS: Slow Climber Syndrome
In my opinion, most of these TUEs are no more legit than this would be.
It is a issue with the subsilver2 template. The forum was recently upgraded but there is not yet a 3.2.* compatible version of this style available. Sorry we have not checked this. However, we will update to prosilver style within next 30 days. The issue will hopefully be resolved then!

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

@nmx did you consider that the ongoing spam surge might have something to do with recent upgrades? Maybe some dependency was infected by malware.

Mackers

by Mackers

Maybe the mods can be upgraded to a different model as well?
Preferably the model that checks in on the forum from time to time.

Plenty of these spam messages have been sitting untouched since yesterday.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Mackers wrote:Maybe the mods can be upgraded to a different model as well?
Preferably the model that checks in on the forum from time to time.

Plenty of these spam messages have been sitting untouched since yesterday.
Thanks the heads up. I can assure you that the mods are checking the forum on a daily basis.
Sadly we can not read all of the messages all the time. Did you know that you can help us by clicking the exclamation mark at the bottom right of such posts? By doing this, those posts are pointed out to us. So we can take action.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Mackers

by Mackers

Assure all you want but the messages I referred to were posted early afternoon on Friday and were still there on Sunday morning.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Mackers wrote:Assure all you want but the messages I referred to were posted early afternoon on Friday and were still there on Sunday morning.
Yep, that is because we were flooded with spam, i changed the security question on Monday morning and deleted most of the messages by then as well. The mods were simply to their necks in to the work. I was into a major home refurbishment which included hamming out an old floor. This took up most of my weekend so i couldn’t be online to help them swat the messages.
Is this the only reason why you are questioning if the mods are checking the forum regularly or is there anything more?
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, i noticed the constant barrage of spam for a few days there and was wondering how you guys deal with it all. All I can say is Thanks for trying! Seems ok again for the moment.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RyanH

by RyanH

Mackers wrote:Assure all you want but the messages I referred to were posted early afternoon on Friday and were still there on Sunday morning.
Mackers, we're users of the forum just like you, but also just like you we don't read every thread in every sub forum. As Frankie tried to explain, it helps us when you notice things to flag the post, then it shows up in out dashboard.