BRM banned

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

We decided to ban BRM for the obvious reasons, it is a pity that we had to take this action. sadly we saw no other way.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrgray

by mrgray

what a shame that we couldn't make it work with BRM. always nice to have different sorts of people on here. for anyone interested in his work head over to the silca ultimate thread. it's internet gold!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

On the Xena-aide
Using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nooo... I had so much more stuff I wanted to show him. I think he really liked all my torque wrenches.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Using Tapatalk

evan326

by evan326

I was wondering how long this would take. Maybe he'll be happier without us to upset him with our posts on a web forum.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

evan326 wrote:I was wondering how long this would take. Maybe he'll be happier without us to upset him with our posts on a web forum.

This^^^^^^
BB

Coffee & carbon

froze

by froze

But he was so funny.
But I do agree with him that Silca products are overpriced and not as good quality, especially their mini pumps, which are just run of the mill pumps.

Then BRM said this: "Ignoring of facts, strange interpretations, not reading well, living in own worlds that is the common disease on this forum". I about died laughing at his arrogance.

He was if nothing else, entertaining!

mrgray

by mrgray

OK now froze is diggin in on SIlca stuff too!!!! is froze about to be "frozen" out of the forum for his dissent? i need someone to make me feel good about my $600 pump purchase!!!!!
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

Shrike

by Shrike

Aw that's a shame. I'll miss the passive-aggressive late night PM's about girls with dicks.

I am not kidding.

That guy was having real problems and this forum was making it worse for him. Loneliness and issues regarding self-esteem. Kept saying he had issues on here, but didn't tell you guys the half of it when I was arguing with him. It's better for his mental health that he has time away from the internet. What people often think is funny or eccentricism can also be something a bit more serious. People were egging him on cluelessly.

I don't say that as a pop-psy forum warrior, my first career was in youth justice and his behavioural issues were what we dealt with daily.

Sadly though, he'll find another online haunt, dig in for a bit, get enough acceptance to feel like he can act up again then repeat the cycle.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Ok so the replies were sometimes a bit charged but I'd rather have his point of view than not. Information over attitude :-)

I'am a bit eccentric myself so I think I can relate to BRM a bit. My hope is that it's also a source of intelligence. :D

micky

by micky

Arrogance most of time doesn't go on hand with intelligence.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Shrike wrote:

That guy was having real problems and this forum was making it worse for him. Loneliness and issues regarding self-esteem.

EXACTLY. Had no contact w the guy... I did find the pic of the sheep humorous and 'right on'.

BRM hope you read this quoted above .. and take another avenue with your life .. a happier, healthy one.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

froze

by froze

mrgray wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:48 am
OK now froze is diggin in on SIlca stuff too!!!! is froze about to be "frozen" out of the forum for his dissent? i need someone to make me feel good about my $600 pump purchase!!!!!
LOL!!!

look I think Silca is way overpriced for what you get, unfortunately there are a lot of cycling related products that have all gone the same route with the thought "whatever the market will bear", which I understand businesses are in business to make money and I make it my job to make sure I keep more of my money. I use to buy some clothing stuff at Voler, about 3 or 4 years ago they changed tactics and raised their prices by 300 to 400 percent and more! One of things I bought was what they called a crystal fabric rain jacket for $12, nice jacket too, but now they sell a new version of it for $102 and relabeled it and changed the design a tad and somehow that justifies the huge 800% increase. That's fine Voler lost my business, not a big deal to them of course. And for Silca to charge as much for their tools (and pumps) that I can go down to any home improvement store (or online store for pumps) and buy the same tool (or better pumps) for a lot less is just that, they're reaming the consumer.

If I get kicked off this forum for saying that then really this forum is all about keeping advertisers happy and not the forum members rights to freedom of speech, and as long those freedom of speech doesn't threaten others, use fighting words (which is the same as threatening), or use all sorts of profanity, or some sort of racial slur, or try to get people to do something illegal, obscene and or child prongraphy, deflaming a person using citing false information, then I don't see why I would get kicked off since I'm not doing any of those things.

We all know that Silca and others are overcharging for stuff, I never said their stuff are all piles of dodo, or the owner has done illegal things with other people, or whatever other nonsense one can come up with. The facts are Silca is overcharging according to the opinions of many and the many are entitled to their opinions, and as such I personally won't do business with any company whom I feel is overcharging...unless I want to. There are a lot of good products on the market that can equal or even exceed most places that overcharge for stuff, even "IF" the more expensive stuff is better a person has to weigh out how much will the product cost vs how long it will last vs how much will it get used, there's no reason to pay $200 for a tool if a $20 one will work just fine and you only need to use it a couple of times, and with cycling since the amount of force being applied to any tool made for cycling is so slight even a cheap tool will last virtually forever for that task. This freedom of speech and opinions is what makes up reviews that owners have reviewed on all sorts of items and not all those reviews are stellar reviews, some items are reviewed quite poorly and those reviewers that did that aren't kicked of review sites and their reviews deleted, and I'm sure some reviews are bogus, good and bad ones.

Anyway if this forum want's to give me the boot than so be it, really these sites waste my time, I just do it to be helpful to others if possible, but that's also why I don't get on a lot because I'm busy, so not a big deal if I get the royal boot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Wow, great respond to a year old thread! Since you are still around, my guess is that you didn’t get banned.

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!