The Great Avatar Heist of 2016 and Other Problems with the Forum Software Update

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Where have the avatars gone? Was there a deliberate decision to get rid of avatars in conjunction with what is apparently a board redesign?

For what it's worth, I vote for reinstatement of avatars.

Edit: I have added "and Other Problems with the Forum Software Update" to the thread title in order to reflect the variety of matters which have been raised in this thread.

Edit: The avatars have returned. I will take mmx's word that tapatalk access has been fixed. Thanks dudes and dudettes (as the case may be).
As reported below by euph, the link viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1440 for "Please click here to view the forum rules" under Forum rules still results in "The requested topic does not exist."
Last edited by HammerTime2 on Sun May 01, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Uploading my avatar doesn't seem to work. I tried a couple of times re-uploading my old avatar, which is an 80 by 55 1.61 KB JPG file, hence meets the requirements of max 80 by 80 6.0 KB. After submission of the uploading of the avatar, it says "Your profile has been updated." But the result is that I still have no avatar. So it seems something is not quite right about the forum software as currently set up.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

euph

by euph

Another strange thing about this new update is that I now permanently have a "Forum Rules" banner at the top of the page. The link leads nowhere :noidea:

Oh well. Otherwise the forum looks cleaner in some areas. :thumbup:

burglarboycie

by burglarboycie

Liking the new forum layout but cannot access tapatalk anymore! Keep getting error messages about password being incorrect (it isn't!) removed the app from my iPhone and reinstalled but now can only access the home page not any of the sub forums!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, no Tapatalk access for me either.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

boysa

by boysa

Me three. It's a conspiracy.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

nmx

by nmx

Hello guys,

we will fix those bugs very soon - sorry yesterday we did a major update of the software...

RichieE46

by RichieE46

Thanks for working on a fix. I kept thinking I was doing something wrong on tapatalk

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

The "Tune Speedneedle seatpost compatibility" sticky thread is gone from MTB section.

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

@krysiekmz, I made that into a regular topic about two weeks ago. ;) if you use search, you'll find it.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

nmx

by nmx

Both issues should be fixed now!

NoStyle

by NoStyle

I don't see the private message - link (text - the icon is still available) on top anymore (but maybe that's because I am at the office).

NoStyle

by NoStyle

I see, thx for the info - but than the icon for pm is still at the old place. ;)

fogman

by fogman

My Tapatalk access is now fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

eoolsen

by eoolsen

Hi
Access to the for sale forum viewforum.php?f=5 is not working. I'm getting "you are not authorized to access this forum".

Erik

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com