Starbike appreciation thread

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
juuzo

by juuzo

First order in starbike and my hubs came just like they should. Thank you very much. Also very good price in tune hubs. Will be ordering again.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dj97223

by dj97223

I ordered a set of Boras, two Arenbergs, a saddle and cables, and they were delivered to me in the US exactly 2 weeks from order. The box was a bit crushed, but the contents were in good order. I'm very pleased with the prices and service.
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

nmx

by nmx

Thanks for the feedback!

neobox

by neobox

I couldn't agree more.
Most of my knowledge came from WW.
Thanks Starbike.

spookyload

by spookyload

After a year of swapping pads and adjusting brakes, I decided it was time to let my super wide Zipp 303 clinchers go since I love the Bora Ultra 35 tubulars I got from Starbike last year. Decided the Bora One 50 clinchers would be a good replacement and I didn't even think of going anywhere but Starbike again. Though a couple dollars more (not many) than other European websites, I can't look past the dedication they have shown to this forum. I also constantly see horror stories from other sites in the UK of OEM parts, gray market parts and sometimes simply receiving wrong parts. I have faith and confidence from dealing with Starbike previously that they are a solid company run with good ethics. Thank you again for you service to this community.

zev

by zev

spookyload wrote:After a year of swapping pads and adjusting brakes, I decided it was time to let my super wide Zipp 303 clinchers go since I love the Bora Ultra 35 tubulars I got from Starbike last year. Decided the Bora One 50 clinchers would be a good replacement and I didn't even think of going anywhere but Starbike again. Though a couple dollars more (not many) than other European websites, I can't look past the dedication they have shown to this forum. I also constantly see horror stories from other sites in the UK of OEM parts, gray market parts and sometimes simply receiving wrong parts. I have faith and confidence from dealing with Starbike previously that they are a solid company run with good ethics. Thank you again for you service to this community.

X2 thanks Starbike!

Vladski21

by Vladski21

ive only just heard of Star Bikes as ive been researching a new groupset. Ive heard of Weightweenies for years but never knew of Starbikes. Ive read some good reviews and some bad ones, but i'm glad ive stumbled onto this thread, it settles me, to make my first big purchase. fingers crossed it all goes well.

whydobearsxplod

by whydobearsxplod

Ive ordered from them in the past and it's always been excellent service. I just noticed that have sapim super spokes in stock! Anyone know what the current lead time is for wheel build there?

spartan

by spartan

i noticed the discount for ww members is gone :shock:
Current Rides:

2023 Tarmac SL7 Di2 9270
ex 2019 S-works SL6
ex 2018 Trek Madone SLR Disc
ex 2016 Giant TCRAdvanced Sl
ex 2012 Trek Madone7

godzuki26

by godzuki26

Yup WW member discount is gone. Why?
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

nmx

by nmx

No, it is not gone. It is simply not advertized any more here at the forum as the last forum update erased some template modifications. It will appear at the shopping basket when you have 10 postings within last 30 days. However, it has been lowered from 5% to 2.5% as in some cases 5% have been too much!

godzuki26

by godzuki26

@mmx - thank you for response but I have well over 10 posts this month and no longer see the 2.5% discount in the basket.
:arrow: BH Ultralight
:arrow: Litespeed Ghisallo
:arrow: Scott Addict Singlespeed

ImageCannondale Evo HiMod
ImageFelt AR FRD

WWTester

by WWTester

Sorry, now fixed ;-)

nmx

by nmx

Sorry, still logged in in Testaccount ;-)

Now fixed ;-) (Recent database migration caused some error in basket database query)

monkeytusmc

by monkeytusmc

Wow that’s great. I’m pretty new here but this good to hear. Everyone here has been super friendly and helpful. Great forums. Thank you Starbike for hosting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com