Weight Listings update

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

The weight listings are now current. 6 months of submissions have been updated and nothing remains in the queue. Unfortunately in 6 months there were only about 50 items submitted. We encourage everyone to submit their weights for the listings.

austke

by austke

:up:

Thank you
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MARKSPENCER

by MARKSPENCER

Do you think what were the conditions which happens to subscribe only 50 subscriptions in 6 months? What weighing criteria you are using to check weights? Is there any process to submit the weight listings?

ross

by ross

Hi Mark

Spend some time reading the FAQ and threads in here

viewforum.php?f=100

Cheers

markspend01

by markspend01

Hey mad cow well i think that you doing the great job like encouragement those peoples whose have the capability of sharing their weight listening.Thanks!!

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

This forum is very much alive, but why are the listings not updated anymore?

I added the weight of a carbon frame from Cube to the listings (usefull info for other ww's i think) but then i saw the last new weight was added in 2012 ...

drainyoo

by drainyoo

My guess as to why people aren't submitting much is that it takes too long for the listings to be updated. 6 months is a long time. People see the old listings and figure that they're no longer getting updated. There has to be a way to set it up so that the submission is immediately entered into the listings. Also, I submitted a bunch a few months ago and none of them seem to have made it into this update.

KingOfCrank

by KingOfCrank

It has been a couple years since I have been on the weenies site. It used to be a good site to look at the listing to compare frame set and parts weights. I don't see any updated frame set weights since 2012. What gives this is the weight weenies still isn't it?

totoboa

by totoboa

Why don't you get a student volunteer or similar to help out here ? Thanks and keep up the good work. :D

alexapi32

by alexapi32

Any update on this topic?

jamesbass

by jamesbass

I have substantial database and coding experience and will happily help out (for free) if you are having trouble. I'm trying to build a bike and it's a damn shame that there are barely any new listings there. Maybe it could be changed so that updates are instantaneous?

sawyer

by sawyer

Is some periodic update still occuring ... is it still worth us submitting weights?
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Are the listings being updated?

I was thinking about starting a thread in Cycle Chat - just one big general thread - specifically for weights of components. The parameters for posting would be stated in the first post of the thread, but it's a general place for people to find a weight of an item (regardless of road, mtb, cx, whatever) so long as people make the effort to describe the component accurately and post a photo with the item on a scale (±1g accuracy).

My reasoning for this is Google searches: I've seen that when I search for a certain part's weight there is a high likelihood that someone on WW once posted a photo of the part on a scale in some thread somewhere. So long as people make an effort to list things clearly (model, brand, year, dimensions, specs, etc:.) then people will be able to find the weights of the parts they're looking for.

There will need to be some moderator to oversee the thread however: deleting posts with discussions (because it won't be a place to discuss parts, even though it is in "Cycle Chat", and deleting posts that do not fulfill the basic requirements of a weight listing.

Thoughts on this?
The only issue I see is that it is difficult to search within a thread on this forum's software. Google can do site-specific searching, but that's site-wide (weightweenies.starbike.com)...

I can get it started this week, possibly. I'll be tearing down a Cannondale CAAD12 105 and weighing each component, plus I have plenty of other parts which can provide weights.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

Cant we as a moderator to update the list with our input? Post in the thread a picture of the part on a scale + part description. A mod puts the part in the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Funkymonk

by Funkymonk

I'm a newbie. First post. Been browsing the forum here for a few months though, and just recently dropped a few grand on a new Emonda. I'm having a ton of fun with it and starting to get a little brainwashed by WW. Small upgrades planned to drop a few lbs. I just learned tonight that the "listing" section is completely useless :( I didn't even check before, I just figured when the time came I'd have a massive resource of parts weighed out to help me navigate purchases. It's weird because the forums seem relatively active! Is there ever going to be a fix for this? Where people can start submitting again? How about a simple vote system where we can vote out garbage submissions without much Mod intervention. I am considering starting a new subreddit like reddit /r/weightweenies if anyone is familiar with the site. Just my $.02, appreciation ya'll!