Where's Calnago?

News, announcements and discussions about Weight Weenies. (members, please do not start topics in here.)
junchen

by junchen

Just got back to WW after couple of years away. Sad to hear the news on calnago. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Got back on WW when searching for information about Campy DM brakes. Then I saw the In Memoriam.... :(
Sad to read, RIP Cal.

by Weenie

TonyM

by TonyM

Everyone was born - and everyone will die.

The ONLY difference is what we do in between.

Use your life as good (quality) as possible

RIP Calnago! It seems he used his life the way he wanted

MaxPower

by MaxPower

I joined this place because of Calnago. R.I.P

seamaster76

by seamaster76

My first post on WW was to entroduce myself and my Colnago Concept. He was there! :cry: RIP Great Man, you'll be missed.
Calnago wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:47 pm
Welcome! That’s a nice build you have there, very “clean”. I’d ride that. What size is the frame if I might ask?... I’m guessing a 58s, possible 56s. Although my guess could easily be reversed as a 56s, possibly a 58s. And what’s that saddle height if you mind me asking. Need to know so we can potentially swap bikes next time I’m in Italy :) .

michel2

by michel2

this is really sad to hear, enjoyed manny of his comments. may he ride on with a tail wind forever !

Belisarius

by Belisarius

RIP Calnago... after years away, I was researching a new bike purchase; stumbled on his C64 topics, and realized that he is OCD perfectionist and able to know 50 different quality shades. Retrieved my password, logged in to ask him advice on buying a Colnago V3rs, and found this topic insteqd.... A true loss for everyone, especially countless riders that listened to his advice and now have positive riding experiences...

Arph

by Arph

His Trek Koppenberg topic was the reason I joined WW forums. His knowledge, writing skills and tongue-in-cheek tone made for very enjoyable reading.
Ride In Peace.

iankovski

by iankovski

Yesterday, for the first time ever since 1954, Colnago won a Tour de France. Pogačar was riding a V3Rs.

Sometime watching the tour I remembered all the passion that Calnago put on his bikes and I felt a bittersweet moment when I saw the young Slovenian on the top of the podium.

Maybe Cal was watching these guys from somewhere. Miss you, Cal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coriordan

by coriordan

Just want to add my condolences. It's been a year or two since I posted here and I can't believe that he's gone - an incredible contributor to this forum with the most intricate knowledge of bikes of anyone I have ever come across.

Calvaire

by Calvaire

Wow, somehow I missed this thread.....longtime lurker/infrequent poster, but always appreciated Cal's insights, especially as they related to Trek Koppenberg/Classics. We should all aspire to live our lives in a way so that as many people post condolences as we have for Cal.....12 pages!! Truly amazing for someone that none of us ever met in the flesh but felt like we knew for many, many years. RIP Cal.....