Please remove my IP ban

News, announcements and discussions about Weight Weenies. (members, please do not start topics in here.)

Moderator: Moderator Team

schlafen

by schlafen

Some people can only connect via tapatalk as in my case, also on my phone's data only.
If I try tapatalk through wifi, my ip is banned
If I connect through wifi my ip is banned.
If a desktop is used via wifi, same, ip is banned.

Worth mentioning i use chrome on my desktop.

So for me is tapatalk/browser on data only.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Juanmoretime wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:19 am
pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:03 am
I checked in with my ‘tech nerd’ friend and this is what he said. “Perhaps WW is submitting my IP to a blacklist. Maybe it’s caused by a misconfigured module. Just a guess”

Checked the IP banned list and your IP is definitely not on it. Hopefully the issues works out. It seems like those with issues are asscessing from Tapatalk.

Have you tried using just a browser to connect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I've tried with using a browser and it didn't work. I've asked my ISP to remove the banned IP from Spamhaus but a few hours later it was back on the blacklist. Since there seems to be a flood of similar cases I wonder if recently WW started using Spamhaus to stop spamming, and this action had an impact on many WW users. To be clear, I don't send spam so no actions on my part is causing my IP to be blocked. It's likely that someone else on my ISP's network is the bad guy. Can you confirm if WW just started using Spamhaus recently? For several weeks I've been suspicious topics with links that I not dare click on. So someone at WW probably took actions to stop it.

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

Lookng into this issue further and hope to come up with a solution at some point today. Busy work day ahead so it will be later in the eevning when I have some time.
RESIDENT GRUMPY OLD MAN.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Just a quick update on my IP ban. I reported it to my ISP and today my ISP said the source of the spam has been identified, and that the IP in question has been taken off of the Spamhaus blacklist. I just checked it on Spamhaus and it's good. And now I'm able to post here via my home WiFi.

Multebear

by Multebear

Juanmoretime wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm
Multebear, Did work on this the other day. Is the issue gone? Sorry it took me a while to post this.
The ban is still there :cry:

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

What is the IP that’s been banned? Perhaps you need to contact your ISP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk