AX Lightness Vial Evo Ultra sub 1000g frameset

Moderator: Moderator Team

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Slowly thinking to part ways with a relative rarity (even moreso with the disc brakes assault): AX Lightness Vial Evo Ultra (MY 2017) frameset with THM Scapula CT fork.

Size L, geometry here

Done 1859km according to my Strava.

Has 3 scratches in clear coat, all pictured
Pics here (still a complete bike)

Frame weight: 718g with hangers & seatpost clamp (this is after they beefed up the original 600g Ultra & added room for 25mm tyres). Only electronic groupsets compatible.
Fork: THM Scapula CT, weight 280g with included expander. Has 47mm of exposed steerer above the dust cap.
Other things included: NTN BB weighing @ 48g (this frame does not need any PF cups, the bearings press directly into the frame) / original AX headset bearings, dust cover & top cap + screw.

Price of the list above: 1900 EUR shipped in the EU.

Quite easily builds into a sub 5kg bike.
Original build thread, currently sits @ 5.16kg as in the new pics, but the weight comes from Garmin Vectors, replace them with any sub 200g pedals, and you're essentially back @ 5kg. Put lighter wheels on, and you're below.

If you wish, we can talk about MCFK stem & Schmolke bar & seatpost as well, but Etap, Clavicula & EE's stay with me.
Retired bikes: Cervelo S5 2015 / Felt AR FRD 2014 / Cannondale SS HM 2014 / Scott Addict SL 2014 / Scott Plasma Premium 2014 / Orbea Orca 2008 / Look 596 /

by Weenie