Bianchi Pantani Mega Pro 1998 TdF Giro bike

Moderator: Moderator Team

AKASTANA

by AKASTANA

Rare Bianchi Mega Pro in Marco Pantani's Mercatone Uno colours and graphics from the 1998 Giro d'Italia and Tour de France double victory.
This bike has been built as it would have been ridden on the 1998 Galibier Deux Alpes Tour de France stage which Pantani won with the exception of the saddle which celebrates Pantani's Giro Tour double victory.

I've installed a downtube shifter as Pantani would have used but have left the internals on the LH shifter so you can use this instead if you prefer.
All decals are exactly as per Pantani's bike, all parts and accessories too. You will not find a better replica of a Pantani race bike on the market.
Celebrate the 20th anniversary of his historic 1998 victories with this stunning bike.

Almost all parts either NOS (New Old Stock) or VGC reconditioned.

Frame: Bianchi Mega Pro 7005 Aluminium - Mercatone Uno Pantani Edition Size 52
Fork: Time Vectran 1" full Carbon Fibre with alu dropouts (prototype with integrated crown race)
Headset: Campagnolo 1" Threadless (NOS)
Stem: ITM Big One 130mm (NOS)
Handlebars: ITM Super Europa (VGC)
Shifters: Campagnolo Record Titanium 9s (NOS)
Bartape: Bianchi (NOS)
Cables: Campagnolo (NOS)
Downtube Shifter: Campagnolo Record (VGC)
Bottle Cage: Elite Ciussi Ti (NOS)
Seatpost: PMP Titanium (Some light wear)
Seatpost clamp: PMP (VGC)
Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Titanium Marco Pantani Giro Tour Victory Edition. (NOS)
Brakes: Campagnolo Record (VGC)
Front Mech: Campagnolo Record (VGC some light wear on clamp)
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Record (NOS)
Chainset: Campagnolo Record 170mm 53/39 (VGC some very light wear)
Pedals: Time EQ Equipe Magnesium (Used)
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Record 9s Titanium (some light wear on cage and pivot)
Chain: Campagnolo Record 9s
Cassette: Campagnolo Record 9s 11-23
Wheelset: Campagnolo Electron Tubular 24s with Record hubs (VGC)
Tyres: Vittoria Atlanta Tubular 21mm (NOS)
Accessories: Deda Dogfang (NOS), TdF race number, Coca Cola 1998 TdF race bottle

Please note that this bicycle and components are 20 years old therefore I do not guarantee their safety or structural integrity! If you want to ride it you do so at your own risk. Tubular tyres will be mounted but not glued/taped as they are extremely rare and if you wish to ride the bike you might want to swap them for something easier to replace!

I would rather drop the bike off within reason or have it collected to make sure it is not damaged, but if you wish to have it shipped it will be packaged in a Canyon Bike Defender box which is about as sturdy as they come. Shipping will depend on where it is going to so please ask for an estimate before bidding.
I am London/Surrey based but can drive to reasonable meeting points.

Any questions please ask!

Looking for £4.995 O.N.O.

"You are only limited by fear and even that can be overcome..." Seth Morrison

by Weenie