58cm Cervelo R5 VWD - best of the best parts - 13.84 pounds with Powermeter!

Moderator: Moderator Team

edorwart

by edorwart

I built his bike up in November as I wanted a lightweight climbing bike to compliment my Cervelo S5. I spared no expense in building this bike and used what, in my experience, are some of the best, lightest and most reliable parts. The frame / fork was purchased as a NOS framset, still in the box, from R & A Cycles in New York in November 2017. The remainder of the parts were sourced from a variety of different online shops and from some local friends. The bike itself has 654 miles on it since it was built. Wheelset has less that 400 miles on them. Never once ridden in the rain, never crashed, dropped, abused in anyway. There are no scratches or chips in the paint anywhere that I can see. However, for full disclosure, if you look at the photo of the rear brake caliper, you can see 2 small white spots on the seat stay area, this is under the clear coat and must be a paint issue from Cervelo as it was there from day one. Why am I selling it? Truth be told, I enjoy building bikes as much as I enjoy riding them and I have a new project in mind that I can't get out of my head....but need to move one of my bikes before I can start the new project.

Bike is 13.84 pounds - ready to ride. That is WITH power meter, pedals, bottle cages, clincher tires, computer mount, etc. - exactly as you see it pictured.

The full list of the build is as follows:

2012 Cervelo R5 VWD Slipstream Edition
Matching 3T Doric LTD Seatpost
Sram Red Etap Shifters and Derailleurs
Sram Red XG-1190 11-28 Cassette
Rotor 2inPower Powermeter Crank 172.5 mm 110mm bcd
Praxis Works 52 / 36 chainrings
KMC X11-SL chain (silver)
Zipp SLC2 bars 42cm
Extralite Hyperstem 110mm
Ciamillo GSL Micro Brakes
Jagwire Elite Road Link Brake Cables
Lizard Skins Bar Tape
Specialized S-Works Toupe Carbon Sadlle 143mm width
Custom FSE wheelset using 25mm FSE carbon clinchers on Carbon Ti hubs and Sapim CX-Ray spokes.
Continental GP4000II 23mm Tires
Schwalbe SV20 Extralight butyl tubes
Zipp Bottle Cages
Rotor UBB4630 Bottom Bracket
Zipp Carbon Carbon Brake Pads
Cane Creak AER headset
Carbon Ti titanium quick releases.
Dura Ace PD-R9100 pedals (I would like to keep - but don't have to if you want them)

Price is $5,000 + shipping. The build cost me well over $8,500 - here is a rough breakdown on the costs: $2k frame fork, $1.5k wheels, $1.5K power meter, $1.75k Etap, $375 brakes, $200 bars, $200 stem, $200 saddle, $250 cassette, $150 chain rings - That is over $8,000 before tires, chain, tape, cables, bottom bracket, bottle cages, headset, etc.

I am open to selling the bike without certain parts like if you don't want the Power Meter or you don't want the wheels (why wouldn't you want those wheels?!?!?!) - but I am not willing to "part out" the bike.

BTW - the stickers you see (name, "shut up legs" on Top Tube and "goat" on head tube) will easily come off without damaging the clearcoat.

I can arrange for you to see it in person if you live within 2 hours of Los Angeles.

Please let me know if you have any questions of want additional pictures.

Erik

by Weenie