new cyclocross season

The spirit of Grav-lo-cross. No but seriously, cyclocross and gravel go here!

Moderator: Moderator Team

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

my name is simon zahner, i'm a swiss cyclocross racer and this will be my first season in the elite class...casran, i think we get to meet us somewhen this winter, i race around 10 times in belgium.
first will be next sunday(2.oct.)in zonhofen.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

Given the number of spokes, I suppose Frischi uses some custom made "Ritchey" carbon wheels?

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

simon wrote:my name is simon zahner, i'm a swiss cyclocross racer and this will be my first season in the elite class...casran, i think we get to meet us somewhen this winter, i race around 10 times in belgium.
first will be next sunday(2.oct.)in zonhofen.

Ok, thx. I won't be able to attend the Zonhoven cross, but I might come and see you later this winter. Do you have a website with your program? Otherwise, feel free to mail/pm it to me. :wink:

Boogie

by Boogie

What kind of shoes wears Thomas Frischi?? I looked on the site of Sidi , but I can't find that colour, Or are these shoes Custom Made?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

i think those are custom world champion sidis

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

yes i can confirm that, he always has special shoes of them

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

simon wrote:my name is simon zahner, i'm a swiss cyclocross racer and this will be my first season in the elite class

Hello Simon - good lucky in the season! Hope to hear and see more from you!!!

Dennis

by Dennis

Simon, good luck in your first year in the elite class! I will probably see you racing here in Belgium.

Skyleth

by Skyleth

from the image on the first page...

anyone know what kind of breaks those are? I'm looking to replace my Avid Shorty 6s... any suggestions?

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Looks very much like a Spooky carbon brakeset that Svend Nys is using. Is sold her http://www.store.yahoo.com/cyclocrosswo ... rbrak.html but not available at the moment - looks really nice and pretty light (212 grams for front and rear).

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

BTW - when remembering back: Wasn't Svend Nys last name once spelled Nijs? Think they spelled his name like this a couple of years ago at eurosport!

Racing Aardvark

by Racing Aardvark

Mads Kock wrote:Looks very much like a Spooky carbon brakeset that Svend Nys is using. Is sold her http://www.store.yahoo.com/cyclocrosswo ... rbrak.html but not available at the moment - looks really nice and pretty light (212 grams for front and rear).

Cyclocrossworld.com is also out of stock. I really dig my Spookys(tho I have the aluminum version, not carbon).

Timo

by Timo

I bought sets of Spooky carbon brakes for my bikes at Math Salden in the Netherlands. The ship to other countries too. Euro 169.00

www.salden.nl

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

Skyleth wrote:anyone know what kind of breaks those are? I'm looking to replace my Avid Shorty 6s... any suggestions?

I saw Niels Albert had similar brakes with the 4ZA logo (a Ridley owned brand). :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

last year's 4za brakes looked like spooky alu, now the 4za brakes are exactly the same like empella froglegs. spooky is as far as i know the only carbon brake out there. nys and groenendal were the first riders with spooky carbon parts(brakes and chain disc)in 2002.